54 degrees out, washing the cars in January!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's being dedicated. Sometimes you have to do it because you don't know how long the weather will last.

I'd like to do the same but it's 24F here.

Front wheels are nice and clean!

I tried to get to the car wash yesterday but the line was too long for me to wait.

I will finally be able to wash the salt soup off of the poor little thing tomorrow (as it sits right now, it is more 'Oxford White', than 'Magnetic Metallic'
frown.gif
).

It will also get a quick coat of Collinite 845, as well as a thorough under side pressure washing, since YES, who knows when there will be the next heat wave here.
21.gif

I wish that it would have rained HEAVILY just the last couple of above freezing days to blast all of the tons of salt dust (so graciously supplied by PennDot
mad.gif
) off of the roads.

Audios' car, for the uninitiated:

[Linked Image]

Looks very nice!

I just finished up a waterless wash on mine - didn't want to be outside too long due to the cold weather in Eastern NC today
wink.gif

Originally Posted by das_peikko
You drive a nice car like that in the salt?

Why not? I drive both Mercedes in the winter. I just get them washed all the time. Life's too short to drive cheap crappy cars, especially if you have the money.

It got to a high of 61*F where I'm at yesterday. I didn't go all out hand washing as I didn't want to drag all my stuff outta the basement and then back in, but I did stop by the touchless. Really just use it for the undercarriage wash, but it does the rest decent enough. It's going to rain all week so it's bound to get muddy again... It was nice to let the garage air out a little bit, the conveyor belt flooring in there is soaking wet from the cars.

I'll wash all of mine any temp above 55. Get a bucket of hot water for the soap...that way your hands stay warm when hand washing....for the under carriage, I use a wand sprayer and I never get wet. Neighbors think I'm nuts. Sometimes....sometimes....we too get road salt or they seem to be moving to the brine solutions.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by das_peikko
You drive a nice car like that in the salt?

Why not? I drive both Mercedes in the winter. I just get them washed all the time. Life's too short to drive cheap crappy cars, especially if you have the money.

Yeah, why have a dreaded econobox just for winter driving.

Originally Posted by Audios
Even with my right arm in a sling, it was a beautiful day to be outside. It was nice to get the road salt off the GL, and the E46 was dirty from sitting, so she got a quick one also. Pre wash pic

https://i.redd.it/v545ry6ja9321.jpg

Did the same thig yesterday 50 here in MI so I hand washed the Truck! nice day : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back