5 Quarts of Oreily house brand oil (Hav.)and with filter made by purolator for 6.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that also, but wasn't sure who made the oil or filter. Thats for the info!!!
grin.gif

Well it might be. But personally with a 20-30K vehicle it could be penny wise and pound foolish. I suppose if you change every 3K miles its fine. I just wouldn't be able to do it
smile.gif

How many quality grades of filters does Purolator make? We know that most of the filter makers produce several grades, and this probably isn't equal to the quality of a Purolator Premium filter.

We know that Baldwin/Hastings makes the lower quality Casite filter and probably other brands, WIX makes the NAPA-Silver and probably other lower quality filters, Champ Labs makes lower quality filters...Lee?...and STP/Supertech aren't equal to Bosch Premium or Luberfiner, are they?

If this oil is indeed made by the maker of Havoline, is it old Equillon/Havoline stock? Or a lower quality oil from ChevronTexaco? Years back a friend worked in the packaging plant at the Chevron refinery in Richmond. He told of filling many different brands of oils (Sears, PowerThrust, etc.), some equal to Chevron, a couple better, and some not as good...all met the API spec.

Ken

[ April 30, 2003, 02:04 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back