5+ Jug prices at AutoZone...(No threat to Walmart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to check the "everyday" price of the 5+ (5.28 qt) jugs at Autozone compared to Walmart. Autozone is way more Walmart. Here are many I wrote down:

Castrol GTX: 18.99
Castrol Syntec: 33.99
Castrol GTX HM: 23.99

Pennzoil YB: 18.99
Pennzoil HM: 23.99

Valvoline Conv: 18.99
Valvoline Synpoer: 29.99
Valvoline Maxlife Red: 23.99

Mobil 1: 34.99
Mobil 1 HM: 34.99
Mobil Clean 5000: 13.99

QS Advanced Durability: 15.99

I find it odd in Canada we get the 5-quart Pennzoil, yet in the US you can get the 5-litre. The conventional prices are close to those we pay here.

Five quarts of Pennzoil runs $19.97 at Wal-Mart in Canada. It is $41.77 for a 5-litres of Mobil 1 and $39.97 for Castrol Syntec.

Not to go O/T here, but I noticed in the Schucks-O'Reilly ad this weekend that they are touting gallon packaging now. It only caught my eye because I thought the prices were fairly decent...until I did the correct math. $2.50 for YB Pennzoil doesn't exactly make my heart flutter, if you catch my drift.

I'm not finding myself too enamoured w/the "new" CSK: No more oil rebates, meh oil-package "deals" (you know, 5qts & a filter) and relatively high prices for oil filters (a Bosch Premium is now more expensive than a Wix from the local-yocal parts place). Really, the only reason for me to go to CSK now is to dump used oil...and I don't feel bad for doing it.

The "new CSK" is not as good as the "old CSK" in term of oil on sale with/without rebate. Most of my oil stash were bought from the old CSK, such as Valvoline Synpower for $0.49/qt and $0.99/qt, PP for $0.49/qt, a case of 6 gallons Delo for $9, a case of Halvoline Deposit shield for $6 ... after rebate.

since joining this site ive been paying attention to oils and their prices everywhere i go. i too noticed autozone is OUTRAGEOUS compared to wal mart.
you're not surprised though are you? you do know how they do it, right?

I've never seen GC at Wallmart, quarts or jugs, and I've looked.

Autozone is normally pretty pricy, but they do run some decent specials. Last month, you could get 5 quarts of GC and a K&N filter for $27. Also, I got a coupon in the mail and just picked up two sets of 5 quarts of GC with a Tough Guard filter for $19.99 a set.

That being said, I've got about 12 gallons of PP I picked up at Wally World in the last 2 months. Both places have their good points.

I just picked up a 5+quart (5 liter) jug of Mobil Clean 5000 5w30 and a STP Filter (not my favorite but that was the sale) for $12!

This is going in the Dodge Ram 5.7...

The only time I buy oil from autozone is when they have the jug of mobil 1 + filter for $30 (or 5 quarts + filter for $35). That is a better price than walmart (if you use mobil 1 filters).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back