5 days to charge a EV Humvee using wall outlet!

My FXT gets MAYBE 330 miles per tank. My Legacy gets 450. What is your point, exactly?

The whole any old plug isn't the right plug for the electric vehicle. Buying a stupid EV Hummer is a dumb decision in the first place without doing proper research and I don't think history will be kind to the Hummer EV. The type of person to enjoy this vehicle likely doesn't want electric and with the size of the battery, fast charging times will be longer for the same distance in another car that doesn't weigh 9,000 lbs.

My FXT gets MAYBE 330 miles per tank. My Legacy gets 450. What is your point, exactly?
Are they both still 15.9 gallons? It would take same time to fill both. EVs even of same battery storage take varying times due to batteries used, charger capabilities, and temperature effects. It was simply a math point on “charging” times of gas vehicles compared to EVs.

The only variable in filling a gas car is the flow rate of the pump in the ground. Fluid flow vs. electron flow. 👍🏻

Are they both still 15.9 gallons? It would take same time to fill both. EVs even of same battery storage take varying times due to batteries used, charger capabilities, and temperature effects. It was simply a math point on “charging” times of gas vehicles compared to EVs.

The only variable in filling a gas car is the flow rate of the pump in the ground. Fluid flow vs. electron flow. 👍🏻

My point is that each has to go to the gas station at different intervals. The fill rate is irrelevant. For my Legacy, which isn’t used for longer family trips, even a 110V hookup would ”fill the tank” more than enough.

Back