4L60E - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as you have ruled out the more expensive top of the line synthetic ATF's like RP and Redline( would be your best options but I get the $$$ part of it ), and have asked about more affordable synthetic ATF options, I recommend Valvoline Dex VI. RP's MaxATF works GREAT in the older 4L60's but if the cost is too high for your wallet pick up some of the VVL Dex VI as it is good stuff as well.

Last edited:
Jackfish, the DexIII, an older spec, would be about lowest on the quality of ATF's available out there. It's not even a current licensed spec and usually goes by the name Dex/Merc or DM III, etc. It starts out at a higher viscosity than Dex VI, but will not hold that viscosity as well as the better fluids like DexVI or one of the premium synthetics. DexIII will work ok, but will need to be changed more often than the more advanced fluids.

The synthetic DexIII mentioned earlier would be a much better quality fluid than regular old conventional Dex III. Usually the synthetic fluids or blends are actually now universal-type fluids that are recommended for several different specs, including the older DexIII spec.

I finally got around to the flush.
Paid $5.62 per liter.
cool.gif

Had some trouble getting a good level reading at first, and was low, had some slipping. Finally got the proper level and all seems well. I expect the fluid to outlast the transmission.
LOL.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back