4K tv to 1440p monitor?

So I've been using a 43" Vizio V435-H1 4k tv as a monitor for the past two years. Have the computer to push 4k past 80 fps but I'm curious about 1440p. Playing FPS games I get dominated, assuming the TV being only 60hz and who knows response time. I haven't played many FPS games since I've gotten this tv. My buddy is raving about his 32" MSI 1440p panel. I've been looking at the Gigabyte M32QC and the ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B panels. Anyone have any suggestions? Will I be happy with the decrease in resolution?

What are the demographics of the people annihilating you in the game(s)? If they're buddies who presumably also have jobs and other life responsibilities, it may be fair to look at equipment, connection speed, etc. If they're random 13 year olds who play 10 hours a day, I'm not sure a new monitor will help much.

No idea on demographics, connection speed is 300mbs, but it seems I can aim right at them and not a single shot gets them. CS:GO, COD, BF, etc. admittedly I haven’t played multiplayer in a while 😂 I played Fortnite earlier and did well. 🤷

That’s a nice panel but I don’t think I could go to 27” from 43”.

No idea on demographics, connection speed is 300mbs, but it seems I can aim right at them and not a single shot gets them. CS:GO, COD, BF, etc. admittedly I haven’t played multiplayer in a while 😂 I played Fortnite earlier and did well. 🤷

a 27" is bigger than your 43" if you sit closer.

Honestly I cant go over 32" with my setup I have to turn my head to see the screen edges.
I can game on the 55" tv downstairs but I sit back much farther.

I wasnt suggesting a 27" though they have several models.. sky is the limit what is your budget?

Best Buy has a decent deal on the Samsung Odyssey G5 1440P 165HZ at $249 for black Friday that I’d scoop up if i was in the market. I have a 240hz 1080P monitor that my setup doesn’t take advantage of on COD currently, so 1440P and 165hz would be ideal for my setup (AMD 5900/3080/DDR4 3200)

So I've been using a 43" Vizio V435-H1 4k tv as a monitor for the past two years. Have the computer to push 4k past 80 fps but I'm curious about 1440p. Playing FPS games I get dominated, assuming the TV being only 60hz and who knows response time. I haven't played many FPS games since I've gotten this tv. My buddy is raving about his 32" MSI 1440p panel. I've been looking at the Gigabyte M32QC and the ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B panels. Anyone have any suggestions? Will I be happy with the decrease in resolution?

I bought this today

Attachments

• 4F5E98DF-0477-45A8-B8FB-2EEB7AAF74F1.jpeg
    4F5E98DF-0477-45A8-B8FB-2EEB7AAF74F1.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 11

If CS GO is anything like the original counter strike I played when I was in college, then there is a specific technique and bullet pattern for each gun. You can’t just hold the firing button and expect to hit things. Can’t say about other games, but I highly doubt it’s your equipment 😜

If CS GO is anything like the original counter strike I played when I was in college, then there is a specific technique and bullet pattern for each gun. You can’t just hold the firing button and expect to hit things. Can’t say about other games, but I highly doubt it’s your equipment 😜
Got the new monitor today ASUS VG32VQR, set it up and calibrated. Didn't play CSGO but killed it in Warzone. I'm very surprised how much difference an actual gaming, admittedly mid range, monitor works over a TV. I'll get my ass handed to me in CSGO tomorrow 😆

Back