414k mile 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

I'm guessing 5W-20 conventional every 5000 miles or so.

EDIT: "Hard winters outside in Minnesota" - okay MAYBE Mobil 1 0W-20. But then again, maybe 5W-20 of something or another.

I'm guessing 5W-20 conventional every 5000 miles or so.

EDIT: "Hard winters outside in Minnesota" - okay MAYBE Mobil 1 0W-20. But then again, maybe 5W-20 of something or another.
This car isn't particularly hard on oil. It could very well be a conventional.

They definitely got their money’s worth out of that car and then some. Those have a 3 banger if I’m not mistaken?

Just checked. Yep, a 1.2 liter 3 cylinder motor.

1.2L? That's bigger than a Ford Fiesta 1.0L 3-cyl.

I'll bet it blows it away in a race!

The car is a CVT. I walked around it this past saturday. Other than being dirty it really wasn't in bad shape. Looked like it had something like 120k miles on it. Body wasn't beat up, not exceptionally rusty underneath. Even the drivers seat looked like it had normal wear.

I was pretty impressed with it's condition.

I still want one of these with a 5 speed! Came close to buying one back in 2014 but never did. They're neat little cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the original CVT with those miles. It's the same CVT that's used in next-size up Nissan products with more powerful engines. I can't imagine that little 1.2L would wear it out.

I'm sure the engine absolutely loves it. No fake shifts. Operating at a constant RPM and rarely cold starting

Back