414k mile 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage

Spent a fair bit of time in two Mitsu's
Doing an oil change in one today
Very durable regardless of what you hear on here.

I've come across the same conclusion. Other than a few issues that are usually resolved early after release, they run great. There's usually no outstanding mechanical issues with them. Of course it seems like rust and poor dealership experiences are their Achilles heel.

Most people do not understand that once the engine reaches a stabilized operating temperature the wear decreases drastically.
If you read the article the owner used it as a Courier vehicle from 7000 miles onward.

Pretty harsh usage with lots of stop start.

I had two 3000GT’s. I loved them!! Never a single problem from either one.
Ha! reminds me of a couple in the their 70's I see around town, they are still driving their Dodge Stealth! The guy probably got it in his late 40s... Also some of you Vancouver Canuck fans may remember Brent Tully who was drafted back in the early 90's. He bought a Dodge Stealth with his signing bonus and still had it this summer when I drove by his house. Seems like those cars atleast last without too much aggravation.

Ha! reminds me of a couple in the their 70's I see around town, they are still driving their Dodge Stealth! The guy probably got it in his late 40s... Also some of you Vancouver Canuck fans may remember Brent Tully who was drafted back in the early 90's. He bought a Dodge Stealth with his signing bonus and still had it this summer when I drove by his house. Seems like those cars atleast last without too much aggravation.
I really miss mine!! Those cars seemed to be perfectly engineered.

Ultra high mileage cars are by definition, ckocked full of easy highway miles. You don't accumulate a half million miles in a few years by driving down to the local WalMart or food store.

Still an accomplishment for sure, but keep in mind the backstory.

The ones I have seen are fully sprayed inside out, and behind the bumpers. Didn't look under the floor mat, but did look in the trunk and with bumpers off. exception is the engine bay i think, were the clearcoat is missing.

Back