407k on copper plugs

For that kind of miles
The question around here is ?

What brand of oil and filter was used ????

To answer some questions, the Denso's that came out and the new ones that went in are the factory PN from Toyota, who knows why they used copper in the 4.0 but that's what they did.

She doesn't use anything special for oil, just our house 0W20 and an FVP filter every 4-5k (which is about every month to month and a half for her). The engine has never been apart, not even a leaky gasket.

How do you drive 100k miles in a year? Commuting? Delivery? I cant put more than 10k miles/year if I tried. 5 days/week for 50 weeks makes it 400 miles/day. Sitting that much has got to be terrible for you.

How do you drive 100k miles in a year? Commuting? Delivery? I cant put more than 10k miles/year if I tried. 5 days/week for 50 weeks makes it 400 miles/day. Sitting that much has got to be terrible for you.
Depends on where you live. I've lived 50 miles from work for a long time, so that was around 500 miles a week, 45 or so weeks per year. Weekends might bring a trip into the city so another 100 there, potentially. Weekend trips could hit another 400, 500 miles; we kept that to once a month. It was nothing to cover >30k per year, at least for me.

I’m sure couriers are cost conscious, but I’d think that a tune up would be in the cards to help maintain economy of operations. That’s impressive, thanks for sharing!

Reactions: JC1
Holy wow! That's unbelievable. Definitely would be putting iridiums in that puppy.
Sounds like she should buy a Corolla... unless she uses the Tacoma for utility purposes as well.

A lot of V6 Toyotas came from the factory with NGK in one bank and Denso in the other :unsure:

Even some 4-cylinder Toyotas had 2 NGK and 2 Denso plugs from the factory :alien:

I was just gonna post this. Those plugs could not have been original, Tacoma's come with 3 Denso's and 3 NGK's from factory in the 4.0. And yes copper is OEM for this engine.

I was just gonna post this. Those plugs could not have been original, Tacoma's come with 3 Denso's and 3 NGK's from factory in the 4.0. And yes copper is OEM for this engine.
Good point, I was aware of this on older Toyota's but didn't realize that they did so currently. Maybe we needed to go back further, however going back to 2017 we had no record of them being done.

Back