401k and the "censored" curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering playing the Proshares funds. Some of them are 3x leveraged. I am beating the S&P by 15% through the economic recovery.

A buy at the right time into the 3x bear funds would be an interesting play if a big correction or issue arises.

Most Americans can live off $1M today if they retire at 60 years old and house / cars paid off.

Idiots like Suze Orman say you need $5M to retire which is absolute nonsense.
I believe the $5 million Suzie was referring to was for those in their 30s who are part of the "FIRE" (Financial Independence Retire Early) movement. And for those folks she really thinks they need $10 million to pull that off.

I believe the $5 million Suzie was referring to was for those in their 30s who are part of the "FIRE" (Financial Independence Retire Early) movement. And for those folks she really thinks they need $10 million to pull that off.
I guess it depends how much you live it up. I think I recall reading one person who retired and only had a few hundred thousand but was planning to move to a country where you can live pretty well on 20k a year. At 5 million on the 4% withdrawal rate, that's 200k a year, not too shabby. Maybe the 10 million is for a couple/family so that calls for 400k a year. Or maybe that's what she needs to live a similar lifestyle.

Very , very few FIRE folks in the USA. Sure people in their 30’s working in Silicon Valley..... but they are the 0.005% of the working class in the USA.

Tesla will be added to the S&P 500. Up almost $60 in the after hours trading.
But companies like this are outliers.
TSLA started the year @ $86, it will be $460 or more tomorrow.

Let's see... If in Dec 2018 I woulda spent the $60K for the Model 3 on Tesla stock I woulda got about 850 shares...
That's almost $400,000 tomorrow. Of course the tax man would take 25 to 30% here in sunny CA.
I coulda bought me a Model 3 Performance and had enough left over for a Cybertruck and a Roadster 2.
All good.

This thread has devolved from investing strategy into social commentary, including class warfare. It’s way OT and bordering on politics. Lock time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back