40 mile 2007 Yukon oil change Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be posting up in a few weeks an oil sample on a new Yukon
Chevrolet that had 40 miles on the odometer. it now has 25,000+ miles with no loss of oil, never needed a drop in 14 months, I want to hear from all the non believers how bad the sample is going to be, I'm ordering a oil analyzers sample after this post, Have fun guys!
28.gif

Don't expect to cash in on that 10 year 100,000 mile warranty any time soon.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GMFan
smirk2.gif

that wont be necessary, it will only have 4 oil changes by then like my Dads 2006 Toyota van with 112,000 and only 5 oil changes
19.gif
LOL

Last edited:
I have done some for others in the past over 20k + on Amsoil. Did you run the EA oil filter? I would use the EA if available for your vehicle.

I will say UOA will not be perfect. Depending on the driving you do, I will say that it will need changing out......

You are more brave than most. I don't think that you will be much worse off than having done dino changes.......

Last edited:
So you drained out the factory fill at 40 miles, refilled with Amsoil (ASL?), then ran it for 25K.

What about oil filters - model, change interval?

smirk2.gif

Again with the spreading of misconceptions on BITOG. Unless the oil did some harm to the engine, the warranty is fully intact.

Oil Analyzers Inc (OAI) is an independent lab, yet in the Amsoil "family". They have now, what 6 or so labs around the country.

But back to the topic at hand. I'll bet copper is through the ROOF!!

Originally Posted By: cos
So you drained out the factory fill at 40 miles, refilled with Amsoil (ASL?), then ran it for 25K.

What about oil filters - model, change interval?

yes ASL 5w30 with a EAO filter I cant remember if we put a EAA air filter I will find out soon enough when I pull a sample and change the oil. oil and filter in service for over 25,000 miles.
the dealer sends stacks of oil change reminders we just throw those away!
19.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
smirk2.gif

Again with the spreading of misconceptions on BITOG. Unless the oil did some harm to the engine, the warranty is fully intact.

Oil Analyzers Inc (OAI) is an independent lab, yet in the Amsoil "family". They have now, what 6 or so labs around the country.

Hey Pablo do you have a OAI guide book? do you know the range for copper PPM in a gasoline engine? I dont have it handy right now.

Originally Posted By: lazaro
Originally Posted By: Pablo
smirk2.gif

Hey Pablo do you have a OAI guide book? do you know the range for copper PPM in a gasoline engine? I dont have it handy right now.

Those newer GM V8 engines seem to spit Cu like it is going out of style, especially when they are new. I don't know what the "normal" range for Cu is but your engine will be higher than as typical for a gas engine. My guess is that Cu will come in at 112 ppm. And I've got 15 Shrute Bucks if anyone wants to bet!

Clark

This will be interesting. Can't wait to see it!

My guess? Copper over 300, Iron between 100-150, Lead around 30-40, Silicon around 200, viscosity well into the 40-weight range...

But engine will probably run fine right to 200k!

I could not find it last night when I looked, I have the guide and I looked and for gasoline Normal range is 5/30 Abnormal 100 and excessive is 300, I ordered the sample I cant wait!
20.gif

I think addyguy has it nailed on the numbers, but I bet the oil will be in grade.

I also agree the engine will lead a long and healthy life, either way.

Originally Posted By: REDDOG
I think addyguy has it nailed on the numbers, but I bet the oil will be in grade.

I also agree the engine will lead a long and healthy life, either way.

He better hope so, cause if it dies before the powertrain warranty is up, he's going to need Robert Shapiro to force GM to do anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back