4 Impacted Wisdom Teeth Pulled This Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had all 4 Impacted Wisdom teeth pulled this morning, I remember talking to the doctor, IV put in, some anesthesia put in, and waking up a few hours later like nothing happened.

Regardless, if anyone wants one of these pulled teeth for voodoo or perhaps cloning another GumbyJarvis to deal with, bids are open at 9$/Tooth.

Sarcasm.
What I would not give right now for a pinch of Skoal and a sandwich.

Hopefully, if you're willing to, this may be a good time to break the dip. Its hard but its not like you can dip anyway now.

When I had my wisdom pulled, I think I ate ice cream for a week.. And water. That was pretty much it so enjoy!

I had this done years ago.
I too had general anesthesia and when I came around I couldn't believe that it had been done.
I went back after a week or so to have the stitches removed.
I had no pain at all.
I hope you have the same outcome.

That's something I'm not looking forward to. They aren't causing any problems right now, so my dentist says I don't need to get them taken out. It will likely need to be done at some point though.

I did have one tooth pulled. It was my far back top molar right in front of my wisdom tooth. They just numbed it and pulled it out, the whole thing only took a few minutes and I didn't feel a thing. They gave me a prescription for some special mouthwash fo prevent a dry socket and some pain meds. I never even took the pain meds because it didn't hurt. I suspect getting wisdom teeth out won't be so easy.

In the early 1960s I had mine taken out by an Army Dentist at Fort Ord California.

He gave me some shots to numb up the area then took a cold chisel and a small hammer and busted them up then dug out the pieces and roots. I was awake.

Remember that day well!

Iv been needing to get mine pulled.. As a child my father had his pulled and I could say throw my whole life that's the only time iv ever seen him cry.

As you get older they fuse with your jaw and turn to bone that's why its always best to get them removed in your teen years/ when they first appear.

i also had all 4 done at once, and was also put completely under. I smoked a few hours after the procedure and (obviously) ended up getting a dry socket, which was the 2nd most painful thing ive experienced in my life. (with a kidney stone passing coming in 1st)

If you take 1 piece of advice from this thread, do NOT smoke, or use a straw until theyre healed

Hello, A twist on this "common occurrence" if I may.
My whizzes came in easily. Literally all within a week.

Alas, like many other people my wisdom teeth COMPLETELY filled my mouth. When this happens, you can't clean behind them.

I had to have 4 good teeth removed (again, like many other people) because the backs were decaying. One did and the others weren't far behind.

Each wisdom tooth was white on 3 sides and on top and YELLOW on the back side.

As God is my witness, my mouth felt immediately cleaner when the last of them was removed.

Again, nothing like impacted wisdom teeth. I tossed them out the car window as I drove home. I hope some kid found them and got to play with them. Kira

About 10 or 12 years ago I had a (new to me) Dentist tell me I needed to have all my wisdom teeth pulled...I changed dentists immediately and still have 3 of my wisdom teeth (one needed pulling 2 years ago).

When a dentist recommends this I would get a second or even a third opinion...

I had all 4 out at the same time when i was....23...
Hearing everyone's horror stories i took a week off from work.

sat in the operating chair, they put the o2 mask on me, turned on the gas and had me count down from...something...think i made it to through like a 5 count. woke up a while later in a recovery room, with no idea how i got there (i'm a rather large guy, and neither the Doc, or any f the nurses looked big enough to have carried me. later mom told me i walked there myself from the O.R.)

the only pain i had was slight enough to be taken care of by Advil.
never used the Vicodin i was prescribed.
Was out at a bar with a friend the next night.
didn't smoke for at least a week. (but i was never a heavy smoker anyway, maybe a pack a week)
no idea what happened to the teeth... whether they were broken up to remove, or if my mom has them... I don't know.

Last edited:
My wisdom teeth came in good and my dentist said they don't need removed. However, I have two cavities (filled) and they are in my wisdom teeth. Wisdom teeth are hard to brush and I about puke every time I brush them.

I had all 4 pulled when I was 24 1 was impacted. It was done with a local anesthesia I remember the Dentist telling me to take my Vicodin before the anesthesia wore off. Me being younger and full of and vinegar I believed that I did not require any pain killers. Well about 5 hours later I could not wait until that Vicodin kicked in.

I advise you to take the painkillers as prescribed keep your sockets clean.

Oh yeah... ask your doctor if you can get an irrigation syringe with a hooked nozzle on it. I had to go back and complain that I was getting food stuck in my incisions before they'd give me one, but that thing was a godsend.

Originally Posted By: pbm
About 10 or 12 years ago I had a (new to me) Dentist tell me I needed to have all my wisdom teeth pulled...I changed dentists immediately and still have 3 of my wisdom teeth (one needed pulling 2 years ago).

+1 I still have all mine, even though my previous dentist was always trying to sell me on removing them. I use a power brush and just let it go to work on them for a while, and my dentist was impressed with how clean they are at my last check up.

^^I was going to post that same video!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

+1 I still have all mine, even though my previous dentist was always trying to sell me on removing them. I use a power brush and just let it go to work on them for a while, and my dentist was impressed with how clean they are at my last check up.

I am in the same boat. I have my wisdom teeth still, use a power brush and they stay clean. However, my dentist explained that while that's fine today and likely won't be a problem in the near future while I am still young the problems happens when you get older. If you don't keep up with the brushing and do encounter problems if this happens when you are older the surgery is much more difficult on your body. So, he prefers to take them out as preventative maintenance so that it can be done on my own schedule, fit with my insurance, and while I'm still young.
I plan to do it at the end of this year for that reason.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

I am in the same boat. I have my wisdom teeth still, use a power brush and they stay clean. However, my dentist explained that while that's fine today and likely won't be a problem in the near future while I am still young the problems happens when you get older. If you don't keep up with the brushing and do encounter problems if this happens when you are older the surgery is much more difficult on your body. So, he prefers to take them out as preventative maintenance so that it can be done on my own schedule, fit with my insurance, and while I'm still young.
I plan to do it at the end of this year for that reason.

I had a look at the angle of the teeth on the x-ray, and thought it was fine for them to come in and they did. Now I'm getting near 40, so no point messing with them unless it needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back