4 Bean Soup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple Sunday afternoon and it was cold & breezy along the lake and it was time for some hot soup!

My wife didn't go shopping for anything in particular so, she used what we had in the pantry. She made a 4 bean soup(kidney, black, cannellini, navy) with veggies(celery, carrots, kale, onion) with elbow macaroni and diced chicken(not eating red meats).

It was brisk out in the a.m., then warmed up in the early afternoon but turned cold/brisk again in the p.m.

I worked outside most of the morning to the late afternoon and my sinuses were now killing me. My head felt like it was full of ice cubes. It was good to take a hot shower and enjoy several hot bowls of this bean soup and watch football.

Man, was I FULL!

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Simple Sunday afternoon and it was cold & breezy along the lake and it was time for some hot soup!

My wife didn't go shopping for anything in particular so, she used what we had in the pantry. She made a 4 bean soup(kidney, black, cannellini, navy) with veggies(celery, carrots, kale, onion) with elbow macaroni and diced chicken(not eating red meats).

It was brisk out in the a.m., then warmed up in the early afternoon but turned cold/brisk again in the p.m.

I worked outside most of the morning to the late afternoon and my sinuses were now killing me. My head felt like it was full of ice cubes. It was good to take a hot shower and enjoy several hot bowls of this bean soup and watch football.

Man, was I FULL!

We just had home made black bean and kidney bean chilli. So modest and simple but with the right spice blend it is so so tasty. Yesterday I added a little cheese and raw onions to it. Today I added crushed tortilla chips. Went very well with beer!

And guess what? Both Black & Kidney beans must be good for you because they contain moly!

Seriously!

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=2

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=87

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
There's not much better to me than some hot soup or chili in the crock pot cooking on a crisp Sunday afternoon watching football.

There is one more thing added to that winning combination that is better... the Bills winning.

Originally Posted By: redhat
There's not much better to me than some hot soup or chili in the crock pot cooking on a crisp Sunday afternoon watching football.

There is one more thing added to that winning combination that is better... the Bills winning.

Amen to that!
And maybe some French or Italian bread for dunking
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: redhat

Amen to that!
And maybe some French or Italian bread for dunking
smile.gif

And a stiff drink for drinking! Maybe several!

Then a relaxing country drive!
lol.gif

A little over 100 F here yesterday, and a little breezy. I feel like eating ice cubes for dinner, but that bean soup does sound really good.

[Quote:] And a stiff drink for drinking! Maybe several!

Then a relaxing country drive! LOL [Quote: L_Sludger]

For me, it's be a good nap!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back