3URFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
36k miles 6.4k miles on 0W20 synthetic oil.

Below average iron wear 7 vs 9 avg. everything else is in the universal avg. or lower. TBN was 3.2. Don't know if I would want to go 10k miles on this oil which Lexus now recommends for all their vehicles. All I can say is the Lexus V8 engines are the lowest wearing most reliable engines made. I would post my Blackstone report but this site makes it way to difficult. Sorry guys

These 3UR engines are fantastic. Very few problems with them. It's one of the few things that Toyota/Lexus did in the 2007-2008 time frame that was a clear improvement. And they are all made in the US. I would have no problem going to 10K changes with a report like that. Go for it!

The oil starts with a TBN of 6.4 according to this thread.
VOA TGMO 0w-20

I would try 8.5 k next time as see how its hanging in there.
Do they recommend (The UOA provider) going longer on this oil.

If I changed my oil well before the 'average' OCI I would always have great wear numbers too. I don't see any reason to make declarations.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
If I changed my oil well before the 'average' OCI I would always have great wear numbers too. I don't see any reason to make declarations.

Avg. oil change interval or recommended oil change interval by Lexus for my 2011 LX 570 is 5000 miles. My change was at 6400 mies. Lexus starting in 2013-2015 for the same engine is recommending 10k mie changes. I don't think I would go that long even though you would still probability would not hurt the engine with that interval. Engines are expensive oil is cheap. Especially when you are dealing with a $90k vehicle. JMHO

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
These 3UR engines are fantastic. Very few problems with them. It's one of the few things that Toyota/Lexus did in the 2007-2008 time frame that was a clear improvement. And they are all made in the US. I would have no problem going to 10K changes with a report like that. Go for it!

Actually all the LC/LX engines are made in Japan. Tundra's in USA.

Originally Posted By: Koz1
The oil starts with a TBN of 6.4 according to this thread.
VOA TGMO 0w-20

I would try 8.5 k next time as see how its hanging in there.
Do they recommend (The UOA provider) going longer on this oil.

They recommended 8,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back