3RZ 265k - UOA History Summary

Just finished the 7th UOA on my higher mileage 3RZ (Toyota 2.7L 4 cylinder).

This truck is driven pretty hard as it is often loaded down with gear and people and sent out into the woods. But I make up for it by overmaintaining it, hence the 5k OCI on full synth products. But I do change the oil filter every 10k so that counts for something :)

mU8rYub.png

I wanted to see if I could discern a wear rate difference using 5W-30 vs. 5W-40. I normalized the wear metal ppm vs. actual interval miles so it's seen as ppm/1000mi. Iron looks similar and aluminum possibly looks higher with 5W-30 but I don't think there's enough data to say that for sure.

The high iron on the 3rd OCI is likely due to that fill involving extended mountain and desert driving.

Everything looks good there. I am approaching 223,000 on my 3rz. Your in the severe service due to off road driving so 5,000 is correct. Your air filter I would make sure you change it at the oil filter change and keep motoring on. Make sure you change the coolant after every 60,000 miles or 5 years. Use Toyota red or pink. I just changed mine on Sunday after 60,000 miles and it looked great. I went ahead and did the thermostat while I was there.

Back