3rd stimulis payment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first/second ones go arounds we started a 529 education plan for my 7 year old at $10k. Another $7k would be nice but wife wants to spend which is quite rare.

First of all, it's not really free. Just like last year, it is an early payment that you would have gotten anyway as your personal exemption on this years taxes.
Second of all, nothing the gov't does is free.
? You still get your personal exemption in 2022 when you do this years taxes. This is not an early payment. I wonder where you learned all this. Mine is coming on the 17th.

My check was in the account on Friday evening, as a pending transaction for the 17th.

My recap/forecast
1) $0
2) $0
3) $0
4) taxes go up
Wasn’t it going to be after $400k? That’s net income, not gross. You could make a lot more than 400 and not be getting a tax hike. If you make 400k net no you don’t need $1400.

17th here, too.
seems like crime pays, the idiot is sending convicts and illegal immigrants $2000 checks cause they weren't eligible for the first $600 and to be fair to people who break the law must get some money, basically its bribery for getting a vote from them for more free money later

Where are you reading this?

Slightly off topic but it's interesting how some will declare how they make less than 75k if they're single or 150k if they're married by saying that they're getting the stimulus. And of course those who say they won't be getting it are making more.
What's interesting is people who don't seem to like the stimulus are still accepting the money, and all the incorrect statements about where the money goes.
Bottom line for me is I hope it helps the people and companies who are hurting. Almost $30B is going to restaurants, which have been decimated.
Let's get back to work!

What's interesting is people who don't seem to like the stimulus are still accepting the money, and all the incorrect statements about where the money goes.
Bottom line for me is I hope it helps the people and companies who are hurting. Almost $30B is going to restaurants, which have been decimated.
Let's get back to work!
Yes, someone else was complaining a while ago in a different thread about how most of it was going to government. Aside from the $360 billion to state and local governments which represents almost 19%, I'd hardly call that a majority. Although there's a good chunk that goes toward education in reopening schools but I don't think that really qualifies as government. The biggest chunk, $410 billion is the stimulus which is 21.5% of the bill although unemployment isn't too far behind at $246 billion or about 13%.

And somehow increasing the debt by about 9% of GDP will cause inflation but the previous 100% of GDP debt didn't?

Let's get back to work!
Your last statement would have been cheaper …

Off Topic:
LOTS of hungry folks in the USA need this $1400 to feed their kids.

I know for a FACT that hunger is not a problem in any sense of the word in the region of the USA I live in. There is an easy over abundance of food. Distribution is not paid and hyped, but a question or two and the channel is open. So much food, and not enough people to give it to. Anyone saying otherwise is either ignorant, trying some angle for political gains, or trying to score internet points.

The spending bill was 1.9 Trillion. 90% of it did not go to individuals. Many individuals didn’t qualify for the payment. The money spent was all borrowed and added substantially to the national debt.

First of all, it's not really free. Just like last year, it is an early payment that you would have gotten anyway as your personal exemption on this years taxes.
Second of all, nothing the gov't does is free.
That is a completely inaccurate statement. It is not an early payment. Personal exemptions go into the tax calculation for individuals, they are not payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back