3rd Gen Canyon AT4 out in the wild

I'll preemptively say I know it's not a GM 3800, not a Crown Vic, the bed is small, and the price is high for mid-size.

Nice looking truck. Should do well.
1669149139929.png

1669149162102.png

1669149186589.png

1669149208245.png

1669149231271.png

Last edited:
Nice, I’ve always liked the GMC grille over the Chevy grille. Like the hood shape as well. I’m thinking the price won’t be far off from that of a full sized nicely equipped Sierra.

Agree. Great looking truck. Under-pronounced front bumper, almost like it’s missing. If it were mine, those large wheels would be gone quickly, that can’t help NVH.

While i don't think it's bad looking i do prefer the previous generation. It's arguably "modern" but it's just a little too busy for me. I like the clean look of the previous generation. To each their own though. Interior is certainly a big upgrade.

People are content to pay such absurd amounts for these vehicles because they can finance them. If people had to save money the old fashioned way until they could pay cash for their purchase, the story would be much different.
I am so glad my two sons (married with families) grew up to be smart with home/family finances. They did not learn it from me except I did teach them "You always pay your bills _ do not spend money you do not have." One is 44 the other 40. Both working class men with wives who work + raising kids YET they both are already better off financially , miles ahead of where I was at their age. They are debt free and even paid their homes off already. One of the main things they preach to me is "never / never / ever purchase a new vehicle!" They both drive nice SUVs and cars yet they will not purchase any new vehicle. I took their advice years ago and my last new one was in 2009. We all try to purchase around a 2 year old vehicle when we do now. They are virtually new if you know what to look for and were maintained. Nothing against anyone who wants a new car. I bought several new vehicles over the years.

Last edited:
One of the main things they preach to me is "never / never / ever purchase a new vehicle!" They both drive nice SUVs and cars yet they will not purchase any new vehicle.

Explain the resonating beyond letting someone else take the depreciation (arguable at this point with current used pricing)?

As to the OP, I actually think the Chevrolet looks better on this one, that's highly unusual for me to say.

Back