3M™ Intake System Cleaner (Aerosol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used their throttle body cleaner and injector cleaner. 3M makes good fuel system cleaners so I'm sure that their intake cleaner is worthwhile as well.

what crud? oily residue? or carbon coke?

if it's carbon coke, good luck! The only waY I'm aware of is to take off the intake manifold and scrub it manually...

This product uses a small hose that is placed inside the air intake hose just before the throttle body. Is supposedly steams and cleans the intake manifold, valves, and exhaust.

Berryman sells or has sold a similar product. It is a dispersal method of getting the cleaner into the right area to effectively clean the intake track as well as the combustion chamber ports, and valves.

i've used the 3 step system in my honda's and it works well.

if the car is running smoothly already, you won't notice a difference, but you notice a bit of visual improvement if you take the top end apart. in my case there was some light/medium deposits on the valves and on the tops of the pistons. after treatment, there were some very light deposits, but let me reiterate, my car was in decent mechanical shape and i noticed no improvement whatsoever. i even reset the computer and let it idle on a level surface for 10 mins to reset the operating parameters (so sayeth the service manual).

in my case, i just felt like trying it. i've also tried the berryman 3 step system. it's a very similar system, with somewhat similar results.

for some reason, while the 3m system is a bit more expensive (you have to purchase or rent the tap with hose to connect to your fuel rail), i like it better. the fuel system cleaner worked GREAT.

i noticed that the fuel level sensor was a bit slow at times and while using berryman's it didn't help. when i tried the 3m as part of the kit, it only took one tankful to notice a difference. of course, i'm no scientist, so the sensor could have decided to start working better on it's own, but i was sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back