3M Performance Finish Synthetic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also one thing to note, any new 3M reformulations of wax or polishes will likely be rebottled Meguiars professional products.

3M bought Meguiars and acquired their extensive list of products and more importantly patents.

A lot of body shop people who previously used 3M have been encouraged to switch to Meguiars by their suppliers, usually by price increases on the 3M stuff or simply their supplier stopped carrying 3M products because it got expensive for them because 3M has been pushing their Meguiars professional products more, which I have to say really do outperform the 3M stuff in most ways.

I will say 3M's compounds and polishes are definitely old school, and really only perform well using rotary polishers.

Also in terms of economy. 3M compounds are kinda expensive until you start buying them in gallons like body shops do. Even then Meguiars are more comparable. It's just smaller sizes it's gonna be Meguiars for affordability and better ease of use.

I have a bottle of it I bought some time ago and use periodically when I detail someone's vehicle and they want a good coat of wax applied.

It's a good OTC synthetic wax, not the best, not the worst. The only complaint I have with it, and this is really nit-picking, is that it can be tedious to remove. Just follow the directions on the bottle though, and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back