$375,000 Lexus

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601093&sid=ahcxRv.tYuDM

smirk2.gif
FAIL

I agree, but all of the Supra (and most import) fanboyzz have been drooling over the very thought of this thing ever since the Nippon Giant started talking about a Poopra replacement (even though dream of affording one!!
crackmeup2.gif
).

But, almost $400K for a TOYota??

NO THANKS, even if it did make a Veyron look like it was going backwards and sideways (which it does NOT!).

Yeah, only people with more money than they know what to do with would buy spend $375k on a Toyota. Toyota is not Ferrari.

Well I'd disagree.

Quote:

Toyota is not Ferrari.

They weren't Cadillac either and thankfully they aren't now, just ask any Lexus owner.

I'm interested in implementation, not "mystique"

Last edited:
Quote:
The latest Lexus model starts at $375,000.

Quote:
competes with the $320,000 Ferrari 599

Ferrari is still highly competitive in F1,Toyota left with a whimper drowning in failure.Now they want to compete with an engine in the super car class
33.gif

I think Toyota is barking up the wrong tree trying to compete with a car that is a pure bred,a long company history of super cars to back it up and is cheaper to boot.
I say good luck to them and the Red Sox.

Originally Posted By: JeffJ
WHAT car is worth $400k, regardless of make?

Industrial equipment that is driven 247 or produced in small volume.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
They weren't Cadillac either and thankfully they aren't now, just ask any Lexus owner.

I, for one, would take a CTS-V over ANY AND ALL of your precious TOYS, oops, I mean Lexi!

Yes, even this one, unless I was forced to take it and then sell it on a markup to a Nippon worshipping fool, and get a ZR1, and a CTS-V for daily driving, and bank/invest the rest.
wink.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

I, for one, would take a CTS-V over ANY AND ALL of your precious TOYS, oops, I mean Lexi!

+1 the CTS-V is an awesome car...

Originally Posted By: Trav
Ferrari is still highly competitive in F1,Toyota left with a whimper drowning in failure.

YES!!

The Nippon Giant proved their fallibility on a WORLD stage, despite pouring billion$$ of their Camry/Corolla profits into the effort!!
crackmeup2.gif
I LOVE IT!!

It was such a spectacular, face shaming failure that I'm suprised Seppuku was not called for by Toyoda himself on the motorsports directors.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: wirelessF
Overpriced. If it was under $100,000 then it would be acceptable.

It's not a mass production. The price is high because the cost of R&D is spread over a small number of units as opposed to millions in a typical mass market car. And even then, they probably don't make much on it, if anything.

Toyota came out with it to make a statement, to show that they can, not to make money off of it and not to sell a lot of them. If the price was set at $100k, they probably wouldn't be able to make them fast enough.

Toyota is trying to create a more sporty, less boring image for their Lexus brand so as to distance themselves from something like a Lincoln but also to steal clients from Mercedes and BMW. Whether it's the right strategy - I don't know.

+ 1 on the CTS V. Proof that when an American car company gets it right they really get right in a big way!
Awesome luxury driver with some real supercharged steam under the hood,and at a great price.
IMHO truly a contender for the "best sports sedan" in the world 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back