350Z/G35 or VQ35 owners: okay to run the 0W-30 GC despite it NOT being recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleaned out ALL of the Green in San Diego, huh?

That's alright, I've been adding green food coloring to all of my Gold GC- I highly recommend it.

burnout.gif

Might not all be gone but I bought all that I could find.
I'd try looking in the El Cajon, East SD area, I didn't try there.

FWIW, Inter Auto Parts on Convoy sells Liqui-Moly.
And Worldwide Autoparts stocks Kendall and Redline.

socal350z - i got my green GCs at surrounding autozones in my area (562 LA county)....for some reason, the hunt was actually very easy, and on the first few days, I was able to get 15qts of green GC...this was all last year when it went on sale @ $3.99/qt....and they also gave you a $10 gas card for 6qts of purchasing syntec...what a bargin

I buy 4qts at a time and get the giftcard discount. Then I go back in and get 4 more qts....
That used to be $20 off if you sent $100 ($20 x5). Now it's only $10 off.

Thanks guys for Green GC locations. For now, I am running on Gold GC and won't be hunting down GC for a while.

I didn't know about the giftcard discount though. I bought 6 quarts at AutoZone and payed around $34 with no mention of a discount/gift card.

quote:

Originally posted by steven88:
I heard gold is just as good as green?

Probably so. We don't have the same in depth analysis of the gold as we got on the green, but the in-service UOA results seem just as good. I've got some "trust issues" with Castrol, but that's just me, so I've remained suspicious of GC gold's "genetics." The more I see of it, though, the more I have to admit I really don't have a strong basis to be critical of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back