3300 new Harleys recalled for excessive vibration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: dr2152
Never went to a paint store did ya?

Let it go...

I could watch Grampi denigrate Harley all day.........

Originally Posted By: whip

Let it go...

Maybe his 109 is in the shop and has nothing else to do.

Let it go...

He shows up every now and then, on a remarkable number of other forums for bikes that he's never owned. Mostly on the Harley bashing threads.

Let it go...

Unlike Harleys, the 109 rarely needs to be in the shop...

Originally Posted By: kballowe
He shows up every now and then, on a remarkable number of other forums for bikes that he's never owned. Mostly on the Harley bashing threads.

How do you know what I've owned or haven't owned?

After 3 months of owning my new to me 95 Harley EG I have added about 3500 miles to the odometer. Including a trip to the beach, which included my son on his 07 Road King SVO. A couple of day trips to the blue ridge parkway 2 up with my wife and a lot of 150 mile days riding different 'loops' and back home again. I installed a new windshield and mufflers from American Custom exhaust last week which gives it a deeper tone but not too loud....the wife likes the deeper sound over stock. I like the sound at idle with a MILD shake and and a nice deep bark when the throttle is slightly cracked. So far I haven't had to use my AAA membership... but I am keeping it current....just in case it develops that awful Harley shake that makes it unrideable!

dr2152 said:

Let it go...

I could watch Grampi denigrate Harley all day......... [/

Every bar, coffee stop , and small town has one or two of them !
Jake

Originally Posted By: gman2304
After 3 months of owning my new to me 95 Harley EG I have added about 3500 miles to the odometer. Including a trip to the beach, which included my son on his 07 Road King SVO. A couple of day trips to the blue ridge parkway 2 up with my wife and a lot of 150 mile days riding different 'loops' and back home again. I installed a new windshield and mufflers from American Custom exhaust last week which gives it a deeper tone but not too loud....the wife likes the deeper sound over stock. I like the sound at idle with a MILD shake and and a nice deep bark when the throttle is slightly cracked. So far I haven't had to use my AAA membership... but I am keeping it current....just in case it develops that awful Harley shake that makes it unrideable!

Just call me , I will ride it home for you
crazy.gif

Jake

Thanks jake, I got lucky and it got me home after a 108 mile 'loop'. Topped the tank off with 93 non ethanol and it took 2.1 gallons...roughly 51 mpg. What's amazing is I feel fine....the new windshield I installed last week didn't vibrate off and fly into the weeds, and I'm not 'all shook up'!

Originally Posted By: buckeyejake
Jake

Vs the crowds of He!!'s Angel wannabees at these places with all of their orange and black garbage on trash talking all the other makes claiming "it ain't a real bike if it ain't a Harley"...

Last edited:
Well I remember my friend's old AMF harley...now that thing shook like the devil. He spent many hours re tightening things or applying loc tite to them.

The new ones are not so bad IMHO. But it just shows, everyone makes mistakes in the bike manufacturing world. No brand is immune.

Has anyone else noticed how the positive posts about Harleys are ignored, but the negative posts are highlighted and expounded upon? Cherry picking at it's finest!

Because we have asked and you have said you would never own a Harley.

A few here might have had a bad experience when they were kids of a rough looking guy taking they're candy on the play ground at recess and riding off on a motorcycle....even though the rough looking guy who took they're candy was riding a Triumph ! Kinda like the old wild one movie! Whatever happened to them.....it is deep seeded.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buckeyejake
Jake

Vs the crowds of He!!'s Angel wannabees at these places with all of their orange and black garbage on trash talking all the other makes claiming "it ain't a real bike if it ain't a Harley"...

Those types get a little peeved when they can't keep up with a fat guy on a big scooter & a woman on a little 250cc standard on a twisting road.
smile.gif

gman2304 said:
A few here might have had a bad experience when they were kids of a rough looking guy taking they're candy on the play ground at recess and riding off on a motorcycle....even though the rough looking guy who took they're candy was riding a Triumph ! Kinda like the old wild one movie! Whatever happened to them.....it is deep seeded. [/quote

Rite on , nobody cares what they ride ! I just got back from a ride around lake michigian with a young friend . We rode sportsers, him a 99 and me on a 02 . Why ? Because we can , 1200 miles of fun ! And no I don't wear orange and black or do I give a rats a$$ where bike nite is ! Do a couple of long runs before you talk about how great your bike is !
Jake

Because we have asked and you have said you would never own a Harley.

Just because I haven't owned a Harley doesn't mean I haven't experienced them...I ridden enough of them to know what they're about...

Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
So how much Harley bashing does it take before they make the motorcycle I want???

Right after Harley shows use their levitating motorcycle prototype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back