31 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/business/01deese.html
Quote:
WASHINGTON — It is not every 31-year-old who, in a first government job, finds himself dismantling General Motors and rewriting the rules of American capitalism.

But that, in short, is the job description for Brian Deese, a not-quite graduate of Yale Law School who had never set foot in an automotive assembly plant until he took on his nearly unseen role in remaking the American automotive industry.

Nor, for that matter, had he given much thought to what ailed an industry that had been in decline ever since he was born.

Quote:
Mr. Deese’s role is unusual for someone who is neither a formally trained economist nor a business school graduate, and who never spent much time flipping through the endless studies about the future of the American and Japanese auto industries.

Could he really be any worse than the gang that ran the place since he was born?

Doesn't look like their experience has done GM any good.

So in the words of Jeremy Clarkson, "How hard can it be?"

His age might be a good thing if it means he is flexible and untainted by the politics.

Tempest, do you work at Google? Just curious, because you seem to find all kinds of interesting articles all the time. I'm not being a jerk, just curious where you get it all from.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Tempest, do you work at Google? Just curious, because you seem to find all kinds of interesting articles all the time. I'm not being a jerk, just curious where you get it all from.
wink.gif

Not the mainstream media. Isn't it interesting how you don't hear about these things in the mainstream "press"...

Quote:
“Brian grasps both the economics and the politics about as quickly as I’ve seen anyone do this,” said Lawrence H. Summers......."

He's just a shill for Summers.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: StevieC
wink.gif

Not the mainstream media. Isn't it interesting how you don't hear about these things in the mainstream "press"...

Interesting indeed.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:
“Brian grasps both the economics and the politics about as quickly as I’ve seen anyone do this,” said Lawrence H. Summers......."

What is Summers supposed to say...uh we gave the GM thing to the kid to play with...
shocked2.gif
It is obvious he was given the final result needed and told to "make it all fit".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:

What is Summers supposed to say...uh we gave the GM thing to the kid to play with...
shocked2.gif
It is obvious he was given the final result needed and told to "make it all fit".

That's about right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back