300k club

Probably the most pucker moment of me going to E or past in a vehicle was the 2021 F-150 Hybrid/PowerBoost. I was on E and was able to drive 25 miles past "0 miles to empty". Blew int the nearest gas station first Thruway exit.

That one was close!
Extra proud of this one… I wear it like a badge of honor….

Attachments

• D43A2F2E-FE34-43BE-A259-AD80F7928049.jpeg
    D43A2F2E-FE34-43BE-A259-AD80F7928049.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 22
I’ve always wanted a Tahoe or equivalent of that year. Them things run forever and are easy to get parts for. We had a 2005 Suburban with the 5.3 in it traded in at work yeah it’s very rusty but 500,000 on the clock. Guy bought it new and had all work done at the dealership. Went everywhere he said. It’s still sitting up there. Frame is solid but body rust isn’t good. I asked if I can buy it they didn’t seem to interested in selling it to me haha. They gave the guy $300 trade I’d give them $300 for it any day. I know the new one he got won’t last that long. In my opinion that style and the style before it was the best. And I’m not a Chevy guy at all but I’d definitely consider owning a Tahoe, S10 Blazer or S10. Hard to find with low mileage anymore.

Very nice! I remember my brother had a 2001 Tahoe with the 5.3. I recall the power delivery and drivetrain in general to be very good. I believe it had 98,000 Miles when he traded it in 2007 I bet it would be way up there if he still had it! He traded it in on a 2007 F-150 thankfully it has been good to him as well

GMs with the 5.3L/6.0L that are pre-2007 seem to have the best longevity. Then GM introduced their AFM and it all went to hell after that. My Dad's '01 Suburban is around 250K I think now. Rust in the usual GM Suburban spots but always gets to where he's going. The 5.3s my family has owned after 2007 read like a who's who of engine failure. Replacement bottom ends, stuck lifters, drinking oil like free coffee. Shame what the EPA did to that platform.

Shame what the EPA did to that platform.
How much of that is EPA vs GM? Pretty sure rust isn't the EPA's fault. AFM may have been a response to eek out more mpg for CAFE, but I'm going to guess there was more than one way to deactivate cylinders, and possibly other ways to get more mpg (say, more than 4 speeds in the transmission? only took until what 2009? for a six speed?).

We have gotten a ton of miles out of these at work.

We still have...
04 Sierra 5.3
04 Silverado 5.3
00 Silverado 4.3
06 Silverado 4.3

I can't remember the miles, but 3 have done at least 300k. Pretty sure both 5.3s are over 400k on original engines. The 5.3 Silverado is probably over 500k now.

Well it finally happened. Tahoe hit 300k.

GM built some of the finest trucks to roam the land.

Just in time to treat her to a nice 6.0 in the coming weeks.
Congratulations! That's a nice milestone. I really like the trucks instrument cluster ... simple and informative. (y)

1675360073441.jpeg

Back