300k club

Well it finally happened. Tahoe hit 300k.

GM built some of the finest trucks to roam the land.

Just in time to treat her to a nice 6.0 in the coming weeks.

56125F1C-7309-4036-84EF-69821064EF2E.jpeg

AA112BAE-D55C-45D8-BDD6-67F505314CEF.jpeg

In 1993 I bought a new 2 wheel drive Ford F-150 long bed. 5 speed manual tranny with a
300 6 cylinder engine. I drove it 311,000 miles over 12 yrs and, sold it for 2500 dollars
when I got rid of it. And it still ran good. Those 300 six's was one of the best engines ever made, imho.
Used straight 30 weight Havoline conventional oil the entire time I owned it.

In 1993 I bought a new 2 wheel drive Ford F-150 long bed. 5 speed manual tranny with a
300 6 cylinder engine. I drove it 311,000 miles over 12 yrs and, sold it for 2500 dollars
when I got rid of it. And it still ran good. Those 300 six's was one of the best engines ever made, imho.
Used straight 30 weight Havoline conventional oil the entire time I owned it.
Ford 300s are legendary. That was one of the best body style Fords of all time. Real trucks, that did some real work.

Um, your gas tank is almost at 1/8th. Standby for complete and utter fuel pump annihilation.
New fuel pump in Feb of 2022 (old fuel pump was working fine, replaced out of mileage/time/caution). I'm not too worried. Sender reading is off, probably about 8 gallon left in the tank at this point.

New fuel pump in Feb of 2022 (old fuel pump was working fine, replaced out of mileage/time/caution). I'm not too worried. Sender reading is off, probably about 8 gallon left in the tank at this point.
I was just poking fun at the cannot go below 1/4 tank crowd. 😉 clearly I’m not one of them.

Sounds like you take care of your truck just fine.

Attachments

• 144CD9E9-8CB6-483B-A9CD-45F8368AD806.jpeg
    144CD9E9-8CB6-483B-A9CD-45F8368AD806.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 38
I was just poking fun at the cannot go below 1/4 tank crowd. 😉 clearly I’m not one of them.

I thought E meant Enough?

I often wait until it’s on the E line.

On my prior VW though, I didn’t, IIRC it was well known that E did mean just that. I carefully approached the limit, watching how much I put in, so as to figure out how much of the tank I cared to use.

[At 500+ miles per week, filling up at half tank was not going to happen. Not when I can find a gas station every 10-20 miles on my drives. Long drive out to nowhere, sure I didn’t push my luck, and I filled up before major storms, etc. But I’m totally in the ”it’s ok to use the whole tank” crowd.]

Edit: That VW I used to own, I did drive it over 300k, took 10 years to do so. When the turbo quit at 255k I simply put in a bigger one and drove it harder. :)

All good 😃. I am sometimes part of the “don’t let the tank get too low crowd” but only cause of winter in Western New York. Never gonna know when you wish you’d stopped for gas!

I thought E meant Enough?

I often wait until it’s on the E line.

On my prior VW though, I didn’t, IIRC it was well known that E did mean just that. I carefully approached the limit, watching how much I put in, so as to figure out how much of the tank I cared to use.

[At 500+ miles per week, filling up at half tank was not going to happen. Not when I can find a gas station every 10-20 miles on my drives. Long drive out to nowhere, sure I didn’t push my luck, and I filled up before major storms, etc. But I’m totally in the ”it’s ok to use the whole tank” crowd.]

Edit: That VW I used to own, I did drive it over 300k, took 10 years to do so. When the turbo quit at 255k I simply put in a bigger one and drove it harder. :)
I thought E stood for “Eeehhh… you got some more left.”

I fill up when it’s convenient. Sometimes that is 1/4 and sometimes that’s when the light is on.

Probably the most pucker moment of me going to E or past in a vehicle was the 2021 F-150 Hybrid/PowerBoost. I was on E and was able to drive 25 miles past "0 miles to empty". Blew int the nearest gas station first Thruway exit.

That one was close!

Back