300hp + 3500lb car = "quick" or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would be quite quick. My cherokee is about 3300lbs with 190hp, and it's rather quick. (much quicker than anything else in it's class) Add another 100hp to that and the aerodynamics of a car, yeah, that would be quick.

It depends; do you mean 300 hp at the flywheel, or 300 hp at the drive wheels? 300 at the drive wheels will have the car deep in the 13s if not the 12s.

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Mid 14's depending how it hooked up

Yup, I agree......and depending on gearing and power curve, it should hit about 100MPH trap speeds.

This is how to hook up http://ronwebb.com/bike.htm
 -

Ooops, a failed attempt at posting a pic
pat.gif

[ April 01, 2004, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Mid 14's depending how it hooked up

More like 13.68 at 100.4mph!
smile.gif

Ask me how I know!
smile.gif

My LT1 Firebird weighs 3425lbs on a half tank, without me in it, and has about 290hp at the flywheel. It's best ET is 13.68 (although I should beat that ET this weekend, it's going to be very cold on Sunday)

All other things equal-the greater the engine displacement (LS1) (more torque) the ET should be a bit better than less displacement.

Yeah should get 13s on a good day. What kind of car are we talking about.

-T

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
All other things equal-the greater the engine displacement (LS1) (more torque) the ET should be a bit better than less displacement.

That's a good point I had not thought about. My LT1 motor makes 325ft.lbs of torque at just 2400rpm, so it's got a real good launch out of the hole which probably accounts for a half second better ET than a less torquey motored car would get. It also helps that my gearing in my trans and rear end is very favorable for quarter mile action too. (3.06 first gear ratio in the trans and 3.23 rear axle ratio) Also, I can launch off the line at 100% full throttle and the car just grabs and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back