3000 BMWs abandoned in Vancouver.

Really no wonder insurance premiums are what they are. If I'm understanding this right, they were delivered to a spot in Washington that's normally used to drop off vehicles, and a storm rolled in and flooded the place? Seems like a bad spot to carry out your car moving.

Edit Oops, I saw Vancouver and went blank after that. But still...what's up with that delivery point? 100 year storm?

Last edited:
Really no wonder insurance premiums are what they are. If I'm understanding this right, they were delivered to a spot in Washington that's normally used to drop off vehicles, and a storm rolled in and flooded the place? Seems like a bad spot to carry out your car moving.

Halifax, Nova Scotia. Clear on the other side of the country which is the only entry port for German vehicles in Canada. Adesa in an auction house and I guess they had planned to auction them off.

I came across this post a few days ago.

What a shame.
its a shame theyre wastes of raw materials and energy needed to manufacture them that never got used. not the bmw part though.

I agree, Same as here:

Reacquired-Volkswagen-and-Audi-diesel-cars-sit-in-a-desert-gravey.jpg

It's a shame they can't turn it into a giant pick & pull before they load them up to scrap them. There's a lot of folks that could upgrade their wheels, replace a broken taillight.....they sky's the limit, for reasonable $. But the lawyers won't allow it. 🦈

For all the talk about newer cars being recyclable it seems we never hear about them going through that. They either sit or get crushed.

So all the automaker talk of a car being 100% recyclable doesn’t amount to a hill of beans if the recycling part never happens.

Halifax, Nova Scotia. Clear on the other side of the country which is the only entry port for German vehicles in Canada. Adesa in an auction house and I guess they had planned to auction them off.
Seems crazy that they would ship the flooded cars all the way across the country (Halifax to Vancouver) just for storage but apparently that is what they did.

Makes me wonder if the snowstorm and/or flood happened in B.C. and not in Halifax.

Last edited:
For all the talk about newer cars being recyclable it seems we never hear about them going through that. They either sit or get crushed.

So all the automaker talk of a car being 100% recyclable doesn’t amount to a hill of beans if the recycling part never happens.
hill of b e a n s you say?

lmao, and yeah I'm fed up with all of these blatantly fake "eco" companies and their nonsense.

About 12 million a year if you want to know.

Something missing from that story as this doesn't add up. Doesn't BMW have insurance for events like this? Why weren't the cars sent to the salvage auctions after it happened? Storage and security costs must be adding up significantly.

I’m thinking it’s a fake story. Cars entering from the Atlantic coast and being stored on the Pacific coast? The same story shows up in various car oriented sites, but is truly ridiculous. Not buying it.

However, get me the address of the yard and I’ll drop buy have have a look next time I’m in Vancouver. ;)

Last edited:
7111 No. 8 Road, Richmond BC.

I just looked that up on Apple Maps. There is a ton of cars parked there. Definitely a staging area for whatever is next whether that’s shipping or recycling.

The address I got with Maps is 7111 NW 8 Road.

The article states the cars are at Adesa, I mentioned it in my earlier post.

I am 95% sure I found an M4. Yellow, carbon roof, and a hood bulge.

Edit - Looking further there a bunch of cars in that area with a hood bulge (almost certainly M3/4) and a bunch of Minis too.

Attachments

• m4-1.jpg
    m4-1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 17
  • m4-2.jpg
    m4-2.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Edit Oops, I saw Vancouver and went blank after that. But still...what's up with that delivery point? 100 year storm?
In my dealings with insurance companies - feels like they want to total vehicles without due diligence … I had to go to the adjusters boss to get the right thing done (repairs) when my wife got crashed at the tailgate …
(and this was with elevated used car prices) …

Back