$30 for 12 ounces chocolate?

I’ve heard about those. They don’t sound that good- though they say they are better for you.

No thanks….

Skip "tailored food".
Eat some chocolate if you want to. Eat less if you need to.

Also, "pricing" is a multi-layered joke on online seller sites.
Commonly available articles are frequently way overpriced. It's a fishing game for some sellers.

Also, I'm a firm believer in the practice of corporate buyers paying ridiculously high prices to sellers with whom a kick-back arrangement has been made.

I'm not saying this candy is part of such an arrangement. The seller could just be seeing how many he sells at this price (aka fishing).

Commercially produced chocolate is never made from the best quality cacao beans but quality does vary and is probably reflected in the price of the end product. To make the product taste better they have to conch or mix the heated chocolate for up to several days which destroys the more delicate and nuanced flavors. The result is very smooth but kind of bland chocolate. Higher-quality cacao beans require less conching which results in more flavorful chocolate. For example, if you compare a 72% Lindt chocolate to a better product like Valhrona anybody should be able to taste a difference. There are many different kinds of cacao beans with very different flavor profiles. Whether or not any of this matters to you is another matter.

I’ve heard about those. They don’t sound that good- though they say they are better for you.

No thanks….
Me neither. If you're having a chocolate bar then it needs sugar, the ones with an artificial sweetener tend to be over sweet and the texture is off.

Commercially produced chocolate is never made from the best quality cacao beans but quality does vary and is probably reflected in the price of the end product. To make the product taste better they have to conch or mix the heated chocolate for up to several days which destroys the more delicate and nuanced flavors. The result is very smooth but kind of bland chocolate. Higher-quality cacao beans require less conching which results in more flavorful chocolate. For example, if you compare a 72% Lindt chocolate to a better product like Valhrona anybody should be able to taste a difference. There are many different kinds of cacao beans with very different flavor profiles. Whether or not any of this matters to you is another matter.
Usually the chocolate that is made in the states is mostly low quality from what I have heard from most world travelers. Germany seems to be one of the best....

My favorite dark chocolate.

Usually the chocolate that is made in the states is mostly low quality from what I have heard from most world travelers. Germany seems to be one of the best....
The large Euro brands are not that great either. People have gotten used to the taste, though. Lindt, Sprüngli, Amedei, and Cailler are all above average but not great. Valrhona, Godiva, and Neuhaus are pretty good. Hershey's is processed kitty litter.

The large Euro brands are not that great either. People have gotten used to the taste, though. Lindt, Sprüngli, Amedei, and Cailler are all above average but not great. Valrhona, Godiva, and Neuhaus are pretty good. Hershey's is processed kitty litter.
Yeah not a fan of digestive juices.

I don't like the flavor or texture of Godiva either.

My daily is organic cocoa powder. No sugar. :)

I do like some of the micro chocolateers in the USA. Usually Euro tourists don't sample those. Some don't even cost big $ "Chocolove" in CO makes decent extreme dark that is reasonably priced for example.

The ladies at the office like Dandelion chocolates. I throw them a box here and there and have them eating out of my hands. Even the mustachioed HR lady who hates me gets a piece or two. :ROFLMAO: Dandelion also has chocolate bars. Too fancy for my taste.

Other than being reduced calories and carbs, is there something about these that justifies the price? I got a message saying I could try a bag for free, just pay $5 shipping and handling. An 8 oz box of Atkins bars is about $8 and Cadbury Chocolate bars at the supermarket are $2 or $3.
There are numerous chocolatiers in Arizona. I went and picked up samples from a few. A couple had very low sugar. Artisan chocolate has become expensive as world demand is way up.

Yeah not a fan of digestive juices.

I don't like the flavor or texture of Godiva either.

My daily is organic cocoa powder. No sugar. :)

I do like some of the micro chocolateers in the USA. Usually Euro tourists don't sample those. Some don't even cost big $ "Chocolove" in CO makes decent extreme dark that is reasonably priced for example.
I've settled on this for my cocoa powder of choice although I use Valhrona chocolate bars as well
1679728484669.jpeg

Sweetie loved it in her coffee. I use it for puddings, brownies, and some other baked items. Plus, every now and then, I make a glass of chocolate milk: a bit of coffee, vanilla, a skosh of sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.

I've settled on this for my cocoa powder of choice although I use Valhrona chocolate bars as well
View attachment 146667
Sweetie loved it in her coffee. I use it for puddings, brownies, and some other baked items. Plus, every now and then, I make a glass of chocolate milk: a bit of coffee, vanilla, a skosh of sugar, cocoa powder, and milk.
Nice for a Dutch-processed (processed with alkali) cacao. I usually get Droste. If I want a natural cacao I go with Gerbs. Barry and Callebaut merged in the '90s but they have separate product lines.

Last edited:
Back