3 radiators in 2 months top seal leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Lubener
Alot of cars go to 250k. What's the big deal about a 25 year old Celica? Your suggestion doesn't answer his question.

He's making fun of Scotty kilmers YouTube channel. It's kind of a running joke around here. Lol.

Originally Posted by Trav
Cheap crap parts, I went through this for a long time with one bum new part after another from these low rent parts places now I only use them if I have to. Get your money back and buy a Denso from Rock, they are decent.
Sometimes OE is the best way but sometimes the the prices seem they have been conjured up by some crack smoking fiend and other times actually cheaper than aftermarket it always pays to check the price at the OE dealers first online and at the dealership sometimes you can save on the shipping and have it the next day.

There was another thread where someone was concerned that the Denso is now made in China, the common misconception is Chinese is Chinese and its all crap. Nothing could be further from the truth, there are some legit Chines companies that make good quality products and stand by them and put their name on it. Look at everyones favorite power tools Milwaukee, Chinese owned and manufactured tools produced under an old good US brand name.

There are companies like Denso, Hella, Bosch, Hilti, Behr, Etc that produce very high quality parts in plants they own and control then others like the hose/line manufacturer like Sunsong who are Chinese but produce a high quality product and do not try the hide the fact they are Chinese, the lines they make rival OE in many cases and generally are much better than Edelmann or Gates.
Some Saab and VW OE lines rotted out faster than a toupee getting blown away in a fan factory, the Sunsong are a much heavier wall tube, proper spec hoses and good crimps and they fit perfectly on top of that, they are also much more corrosion resistant. OE Saab line almost $400 Sunsong $75, you don't buy OE.

The parts AA and some of the other sell are the lowest of the low when it comes to their house brands, it is lowest bidder crap from low quality sweatshops in any number of countries with fancy packaging, I swear sometimes the packaging and printing of the boxes cost more than the trash inside.

:jup jup jup I couldn't agree with this more, nobody is willing to pay for quality but when you cheap out on your auto parts youll end up spending more money in the long run, now if your just fixing something to sell quick then go the cheap route, but if its a daily driver always get the best online deal on the factory OEM parts, do yourself a favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back