3 M CLEAR COAT FOR HEADLIGHTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks identical to Meguiar's Keep Clear spray. I have a can of that ready for my headlights. It seems like an acrylic or 1K polyurethane product to me.

Looks promising, I've used something similar that worked initially but caused more hidden damage.

I've used the 3M stuff on every headlight that I restore and it adds even more clarity than just the restoration alone. Not sure of longevity as I don't keep the car long enough to know, but for $3-$4 it's worth it.

I would consider the protection film over this. It's a little more expensive but should last longer. The film provides UV protection and better protection from small stones, sand etc.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I've used the 3M stuff on every headlight that I restore and it adds even more clarity than just the restoration alone. Not sure of longevity as I don't keep the car long enough to know, but for $3-$4 it's worth it.

Excellent

If you want something that is going to last for years your final coat needs to be a 2K clear.

I paid $50 for a quart of 2k clear and probably only used 2 or 3 ounces of the product. It was worth it.

Originally Posted by PimTac
I would consider the protection film over this. It's a little more expensive but should last longer. The film provides UV protection and better protection from small stones, sand etc.

How about using both the clear coat AND paint protection over that?

Originally Posted by whizbyu
Originally Posted by PimTac

How about using both the clear coat AND paint protection over that?

I don't think you would gain much doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back