3.6 pentastar gen 2 cam failure

then I would sell it for that ....
Or, crazy idea. Keep the paid off vehicle that does everything we ask of it.

Then in 2 years when she's done with school she gets her helcat DD or escalade v and I keep the durango to pull our buggy and car hauler 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: hrv
I agree that fixing it is the best course of
action; sharp ride.
I just think it’s sad that on a 2018 MY vehicle we are talking about camshaft problems before 100k miles. That is a 1970’s problem; should not still be here in the 2020’s. GM had issues with soft cams on their 305’s, my dad had one of those pieces of garbage in a 1978 Malibu.
You think they would have learned something in 40 years!!

I agree that fixing it is the best course of
action; sharp ride.
I just think it’s sad that on a 2018 MY vehicle we are talking about camshaft problems before 100k miles. That is a 1970’s problem; should not still be here in the 2020’s. GM had issues with soft cams on their 305’s, my dad had one of those pieces of garbage in a 1978 Malibu.
You think they would have learned something in 40 years!!
I agree 100% all of FCAs engines suffer from cam/lifter/rocker issues and it's ridiculous. I'd be satisfied even if I got a portion of my money back in the class action

Or sell it and get something (with the proceeds, no payments) that isn't known for major problems, yeah few an far these days I guess.
Mopar is one of the worse, as well as most all of the old US big 3 manufactures (mopar is one of them I know). Toyota and Honda, Mazda seem to not have the same troubles.

Reactions: hrv
Or sell it and get something (with the proceeds, no payments) that isn't known for major problems, yeah few an far these days I guess.
Mopar is one of the worse, as well as most all of the old US big 3 manufactures (mopar is one of them I know). Toyota and Honda, Mazda seem to not have the same troubles.
Of the 3 manufacturers you list only one has anything comparable(toyota) even then we would lose 1200lbs of towing capacity, lose 4mpg minimum, lose the adult sized 3rd row, and have a vehicle in which factory parts are almost un unobtainable(have a 2023 tundra that has been sitting for 2 months waiting on a knuckle). I will Say that the toyota would hold resale much longer but one pro doesn't make up for the cons.

Reactions: JTK
To many of you guys have grown accustomed to econobox throw away vehicles. That simply won't work for us. We own acreage, we travel, we tow. A small repair to get years more of trouble free service is small in the scope of things

To many of you guys have grown accustomed to econobox throw away vehicles. That simply won't work for us. We own acreage, we travel, we tow. A small repair to get years more of trouble free service is small in the scope of things

That's because this is a Chrysler product. A lot of BITOGers worship Toyota/Honda. If this was one of these, people would be OK spending all kinds of big bucks to get it fixed.

No worship here of any of the manufactures nowadays. They all have problems, they build things from substandard materials and processes. And yes most all are "throw away vehicles". Big problem like with the topic vehicle here, is we are not allowed to really fix them so this sort of thing won't happen. You know all the emissions regs etc. The real fix is to trash that engine for one that will last, but the few I'm thinking of will not pass the under hood inspection if that is what is required, nor would it pass emissions. Gosh didn't they even not want new vehicles modified for racing purposes?

Back