3/4 quart Diesel Lube Extender to 3+quarts M1 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the wife has been driveing my vechile instead of her's we have been racking up double the miles at an alarming rate. I have 6000 miles on the oil and it has maybe been in close to 3 months. So their is no way I was going to make it 6 months or 9000 miles. I also have some business comeing up out of state. I di not want to end up out of state ont he road and need to change oil.I also hate haveing to lie on a cold damp concrete floor once the snow starts falling. I added 3/4 of a quart of Diesel Lube Oil Extender to 3 1/4 quarts of M1 TSUV 5W30 not to be confused with M1EP 5W30. It will be interesting to see how this sample does? I will try to rember to take a sample of this when the time comes.

Let's hope 427Z06 does not read this!!!He will give me a stern brow lashing about ZDDP and underperforming catalytic converters!!!!
cheers.gif

Quote:

Let's hope 427Z06 does not read this!!!He will give me a stern brow lashing about ZDDP and underperforming catalytic converters!!!!
cheers.gif

I wouldn't waste my time.
cool.gif

But I will laugh when I see someone waste money buying a junk product and then corrupting perfectly good oil capable of handling your prescribed OCI easily.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wanted to grab some Diesel lube extender, but could not get a strait answer about it. It seems like the most cost/effective way to beef up an oil AFTER it's been in service. Put in a lil bit to extend the last 1000 mi, imo.

Well...I guess a ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5-04 rating doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you need to add this stuff to your oil for an extended drain.

Further, the marketeer of this product recommends a treat rate of 2oz/quart.

Here's what Terry has to say about this: "Keep in mind that just boosting certain adds like ca, zinc, phos, na, mg, etc that are not balanced in the final formula is a ________-shoot and too much in chemistry happens unexpectedly before the layman realizes it. Especially with NEW common SM/GF4/CJ4 non organometallic add packs."

crushedcar.gif

MolaKule has given similar warnings. Guess who's advice I would follow.

Aren't many additives like diesel oil extender, GM EOS, VSOT, or SLOB, commercially available engine oil additive packs diluted with a carrier oil? Your treat rate of 6 oz/qt may be excessive though. I doubt if it will hurt anything for one OCI though.

427Z06, Thanks for the laugh!!! I am sure everyone in my house heard me laughing!!!

I picked up the Diesel Lube Oil Extender dirt cheap at Walmart on Clearance so I did not waste too much money. I simply wanted to try the stuff out. I doubt it is going to hurt my Toyota any!!! I could probably run Crisco cooking shortening in the car and still get a decent UOA.

I normaly use Molakules SX-UP. I really like his products. I am just waiting for tax season to stock up on SX-UP.

Quote:

427Z06, Thanks for the laugh!!! I am sure everyone in my house heard me laughing!!!

I picked up the Diesel Lube Oil Extender dirt cheap at Walmart on Clearance so I did not waste too much money. I simply wanted to try the stuff out. I doubt it is going to hurt my Toyota any!!! I could probably run Crisco cooking shortening in the car and still get a decent UOA.

Yep...it was on clearance around here too. $15 for 3 quarts, that's $5/quart. For a little more you could of used all M1 EP. Penny wise and pound foolish. And to add that Zinc you lust for, which your Toyota doesn't need, you diluted a quality synthetic basestock with a cheapo Group I basestock. Dumb JB, just plain dumb.
spankme.gif

As far as "additive clash" goes ...and adds needing to be in specific proportions, why do we see such a great variation in finished oil products' VOAs? Huh?

Quote:

As far as "additive clash" goes ...and adds needing to be in specific proportions, why do we see such a great variation in finished oil products' VOAs? Huh?

Why don't you ask Terry why he made the statement I quoted above? It's clear you disregard anything I have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back