3/4 quart Diesel Lube Extender to 3+quarts M1 5W30

Since the wife has been driveing my vechile instead of her's we have been racking up double the miles at an alarming rate. I have 6000 miles on the oil and it has maybe been in close to 3 months. So their is no way I was going to make it 6 months or 9000 miles. I also have some business comeing up out of state. I di not want to end up out of state ont he road and need to change oil.I also hate haveing to lie on a cold damp concrete floor once the snow starts falling. I added 3/4 of a quart of Diesel Lube Oil Extender to 3 1/4 quarts of M1 TSUV 5W30 not to be confused with M1EP 5W30. It will be interesting to see how this sample does? I will try to rember to take a sample of this when the time comes. Let's hope 427Z06 does not read this!!!He will give me a stern brow lashing about ZDDP and underperforming catalytic converters!!!!

Quote:
Let's hope 427Z06 does not read this!!!He will give me a stern brow lashing about ZDDP and underperforming catalytic converters!!!!
I wouldn't waste my time. But I will laugh when I see someone waste money buying a junk product and then corrupting perfectly good oil capable of handling your prescribed OCI easily.

I wanted to grab some Diesel lube extender, but could not get a strait answer about it. It seems like the most cost/effective way to beef up an oil AFTER it's been in service. Put in a lil bit to extend the last 1000 mi, imo.

Well...I guess a ACEA A1/B1, A5/B5-04 rating doesn't amount to a hill of beans if you need to add this stuff to your oil for an extended drain. Further, the marketeer of this product recommends a treat rate of 2oz/quart. Here's what Terry has to say about this: "Keep in mind that just boosting certain adds like ca, zinc, phos, na, mg, etc that are not balanced in the final formula is a ________-shoot and too much in chemistry happens unexpectedly before the layman realizes it. Especially with NEW common SM/GF4/CJ4 non organometallic add packs." MolaKule has given similar warnings. Guess who's advice I would follow.

Aren't many additives like diesel oil extender, GM EOS, VSOT, or SLOB, commercially available engine oil additive packs diluted with a carrier oil? Your treat rate of 6 oz/qt may be excessive though. I doubt if it will hurt anything for one OCI though.

JohnBrowning

427Z06, Thanks for the laugh!!! I am sure everyone in my house heard me laughing!!! I picked up the Diesel Lube Oil Extender dirt cheap at Walmart on Clearance so I did not waste too much money. I simply wanted to try the stuff out. I doubt it is going to hurt my Toyota any!!! I could probably run Crisco cooking shortening in the car and still get a decent UOA.

JohnBrowning

I normaly use Molakules SX-UP. I really like his products. I am just waiting for tax season to stock up on SX-UP.

Quote:
427Z06, Thanks for the laugh!!! I am sure everyone in my house heard me laughing!!! I picked up the Diesel Lube Oil Extender dirt cheap at Walmart on Clearance so I did not waste too much money. I simply wanted to try the stuff out. I doubt it is going to hurt my Toyota any!!! I could probably run Crisco cooking shortening in the car and still get a decent UOA.
Yep...it was on clearance around here too. $15 for 3 quarts, that's $5/quart. For a little more you could of used all M1 EP. Penny wise and pound foolish. And to add that Zinc you lust for, which your Toyota doesn't need, you diluted a quality synthetic basestock with a cheapo Group I basestock. Dumb JB, just plain dumb.

Quote:
Or is he? He added group I. He has the best of both worlds according to some, lol!
Especially if he adds a stationary turbine to that Toyota.

Quote:
Quote:
Or is he? He added group I. He has the best of both worlds according to some, lol!
Especially if he adds a stationary turbine to that Toyota.
I bet that's good for 10 extra hp!

As far as "additive clash" goes ...and adds needing to be in specific proportions, why do we see such a great variation in finished oil products' VOAs? Huh?

Quote:
As far as "additive clash" goes ...and adds needing to be in specific proportions, why do we see such a great variation in finished oil products' VOAs? Huh?
Why don't you ask Terry why he made the statement I quoted above? It's clear you disregard anything I have to say.