3.2K miles too early for a UOA on GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the deal guys. I am bringing the car in to the dealership to get it serviced under maintainence. It's going in for Service I , which they WILL change the oil .

I just changed the oil back in late Dec with GC. At this point, it only has 3200 miles on the oil. I was planning to do a UOA at 5K. The oil is getting beat up with 7K miles on the oil, and I wanted to see how it would trend at 5K. Since it's getting changed, I have considered doing a UOA now, but 3.2K seems like a WASTE on a UOA since I will expect a good amount of life left on the oil. UOA, yay or nay.

For those interested, here is the LINK
to my previous UOA's.

lol - I did a UOA on my GC Gold before I did an extended OCI to 10k. GC Gold only had 1,771 miles on it because I couldn't keep myself from doing it.
tongue.gif

What I found interesting was - Blackstone reported that the oil looked like it had around 5k of use on it only after 1,771 miles. They said to not go 10k (like I origionally planned) but 6k max and then do another UOA (which I will do).

So a UOA is worth it in my opinion.

quote:

lol - I did a UOA on my GC Gold before I did an extended OCI to 10k. GC Gold only had 1,771 miles on it because I couldn't keep myself from doing it.

What I found interesting was - Blackstone reported that the oil looked like it had around 5k of use on it only after 1,771 miles. They said to not go 10k (like I origionally planned) but 6k max and then do another UOA (which I will do).

So a UOA is worth it in my opinion.

What vehicle was this - how old is it & how many miles do you have on it?

quote:

Blackstone reported that the oil looked like it had around 5k of use on it only after 1,771 miles.

Based on what?
confused.gif

I think they're full of it.
There is nothing in your UOA to support their conclusion.

LT4- that sounds like a pretty broad statement. How long an oil will last depends on a lot of factors, including stop/go vs. highway driving, number of cold-starts, avg. rpms, temperature, sump capacity, engine in question, etc, etc. I'm sure GC can last 10k or more in some circumstances. Just not in his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back