3.0 VAG TDI (CPNB) motor oil choices...

No

I never understand these threads. OP asks a question and disregards all responses and just goes with what he was originally thinking. Just looking for confirmation maybe?

The Motul is fine... But these threads all end the same, why pay more for the same certifications?
Somehow I think that’s because a couple of specific brands got mentioned.

No

I never understand these threads. OP asks a question and disregards all responses and just goes with what he was originally thinking. Just looking for confirmation maybe?

The Motul is fine... But these threads all end the same, why pay more for the same certifications?
In my trade we coined the behavior as " circle jerk"
You start at the top and end right back where you started from...lol

different base oils

With a pour point of -36.0 °C / -33.0 °F I doubt Motul 8100 X-Clean 5W-30
is made from better base oils compared to Valvoline XLIII 5W-30. Probably
Castrol and in particular M1 are actually better (if it matters). The only PAO
and ester/AN based and VW 504 00 approved oil I am aware of is Ravenol
VMP 5W-30. Make your own decision, but if you go with Motul don't say it's
because of 'different base oils'. Not everything Motul is mainly PAO and ester,
the vast majority is just group 3 (hydrocrack) like almost everything marketed
as 'synthetic' is today.

I
as 'synthetic' is today.
This is true and why I read SDS or tech info on them.
I'd love to try Ravenol VMP 5W-30 I just Need to find a deal on it local. Amsoil oil warehouse is local to me. M1 ESP was worse than amsoil by far.

As for this Circle jerks I saw this summer lol ahhh those days.......
I have seen a lot of opinions, but best I looked into is Ravenol I just cant seem to find it anywhere at a good price.

No matter where I ask I feel like its a lot of people just bitching cheers!

This is true and why I read SDS or tech info on them.
I'd love to try Ravenol VMP 5W-30 I just Need to find a deal on it local. Amsoil oil warehouse is local to me. M1 ESP was worse than amsoil by far.
Mobil 1 has proven its quality simply by the achievement of obtaining the approval. I can’t wait to hear what it is on the SDS or “tech info” that shows that Amsoil is better.

:rolleyes:M1 has been crap since the mid 2000's you can keep all the junk oil all for yourself and by sds I mean data sheets.
Lol we get guys like you now and then, unless of course you’re the same one as before. Anti Mobil 1, anti Pennzoil, anti this anti that. But of course some other brand such as Amsoil or Schaefer’s is the bomb - no matter that there is no proof of that. Usually the screed is against Mobil 1 like you’re doing since they are the biggest target in the yard.

Somehow I suspected this is where the thread was going a while back.

:rolleyes:M1 has been crap since the mid 2000's you can keep all the junk oil all for yourself and by sds I mean data sheets.
jeremy-clarkson.gif

as 'synthetic' is today.
Oil.ru has Motul X-Clean+ (+ matters) with Ester in it. Such low KV100 and HTHS 3.6 has to have some goodies in it.

The oil I mentioned one post before:

If true synthetic base oil is your concern and you're willing to pay the
premium Ravenol VMP 5W-30 is a PAO/ester/AN (group 4 & 5) blend
AND comes with the required Porsche C30 approval:

I use to run it on my GTI since 2018 - no issues, no perceiveable oil use.

Don’t buy an oil to try and cure oil use on a VAG 3.0 TDI as you wont. Just buy any 504/507 that comes in your favourite colour bottle for all the difference it will make. The usage you have quoted is within spec and with the correct oil your DPF will be fine.

Older thread I know but there didn't seem to be any mention of Liqui Moly here ?

Older thread I know but there didn't seem to be any mention of Liqui Moly here ?

Why would it have been mentioned? The OP posted here looking for confirmation of feelings.

LM oil is an average performing oil with a larger-than-average "Made in Germany" sticker.

Why would it have been mentioned? The OP posted here looking for confirmation of feelings.

LM oil is an average performing oil with a larger-than-average "Made in Germany" sticker.
The only reason I gave mention to the Liqui Moly oil is we live-in NE PA and it seems to be gaining popularity at many of our local shops .

Back