3.0 VAG TDI (CPNB) motor oil choices...

The only reason I gave mention to the Liqui Moly oil is we live-in NE PA and it seems to be gaining popularity at many of our local shops .

Only conclusion I draw from that is that they have a higher margin (profit) on LM.

For shure good oil with broad product catalogue.
Doubt small shops want to order oil from 5 different brands.

Only conclusion I draw from that is that they have a higher margin (profit) on LM.

For shure good oil with broad product catalogue.
Doubt small shops want to order oil from 5 different brands.
Liqui Moly is pushing strongly oils to shops.
Shops can easily advertise bcs. “Made in Germany.” Regardless that they could get better stuff, it is still better than: “we put synthetic oil.”

Well if they are a good supplier that is easy to work with I don't see a reason to not sell their oil. Other then higher price then domestic US oils,
as long as the customers are happy (buy the marketing).

Meguin oils (subsidiary of LM) are priced well.

Mannol is "made in Germany", cheapest oil available here in EU, with minimal amount of approvals.
Means nothing to me that its made in Germany. Only use it in cheap beaters.

Liqui Moly is pushing strongly oils to shops.
Shops can easily advertise bcs. “Made in Germany.” Regardless that they could get better stuff, it is still better than: “we put synthetic oil.”

My point is no oil manufacturer supplies full VOA with baseoils and how they are doping the Moly or what kinds of Boron are in the blends.
I have still not seen any proof HOW Amsoil, LM, M1, Shell/PP etc are better then the other.

Well if they are a good supplier that is easy to work with I don't see a reason to not sell their oil. Other then higher price then domestic US oils,
as long as the customers are happy (buy the marketing).

Meguin oils (subsidiary of LM) are priced well.

Mannol is "made in Germany", cheapest oil available here in EU, with minimal amount of approvals.
Means nothing to me that its made in Germany. Only use it in cheap beaters.
Liqui Moly was and probably still is the most aggressive in marketing. Reason why I mentioned Made in Germany is that that is their pitch here on this market. In Europe they had in 90’s pitch “HC.” They advertised hydrocracked methodology as something superior to other oils, when in reality it is oppose.

My point is no oil manufacturer supplies full VOA with baseoils and how they are doping the Moly or what kinds of Boron.
I have still not seen any proof HOW Amsoil, LM, M1, Shell/PP etc are better then the other.
I don’t think anyone owns you proof. But, most companies are far more transparent than Liqui Moly. Don’t forget that approvals are minimum requirements, not maximum.

I don’t think anyone owns you proof. But, most companies are far more transparent than Liqui Moly. Don’t forget that approvals are minimum requirements, not maximum.

Shure but HPL still buys GTL from Shell/PP just as M1 does.
Looking at VOAs has its limitations.

Then saying something is better then LM is just another form of marketing, without proof.

Shure but Amsoil still buys GTL from Shell/PP just as M1 does.
Looking at VOAs has its limitations.
Who mentioned VOA? What VOA has to do with transparency?
And I don’t get what Amsoil has to do with it? Mobil1, Shell, Motul, Castrol etc. would always be my choice over Liqui Moly.

Back