2qts of RP & 3 qts of M1?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I am new to this bored and I know I have a lot of reading to do but I have a question. I own a 96 honda accord EX Sedan and I have been running Royal Purple now in my car. I need an oil change and I was wondering I have 2 bottles of RP 5w-30 can I mix that with M1 5w-30 and make it for another 3000 miles?

The very second the Mobil 1 hits the Royal Purple a massive neutrino flux wil cause the nitrogen in the atmosphere to start an irreversable chemical reaction which will immediately consume all of the oxygen on the planet. Do you really want to be responsible for wiping out the worlds population?

As the party line goes both Royal Purple are fully comptibe with both conventional and non conventional engine lubricating oils at any ratio.

There is no doomsday scenario for your engine...both are excellent products.

Just do not use that Acell brand SC rated oil from WalMart....that would be a truly nasty endeavor.

Might be why Royal Purple dyes it's oil
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Mamala Bay:
Might be why Royal Purple dyes it's oil
grin.gif

lol.gif

Seriously,THIS is why RP dyes their oil.

Mark

[ May 23, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: rugerman1 ]

quote:

I need an oil change and I was wondering I have 2 bottles of RP 5w-30 can I mix that with M1 5w-30 and make it for another 3000 miles?

Why not? Depending on your driving habits ...you could probably go 6000 miles.

Relax ...life is good
 -

Sure, mix it up and run it for 5 or 6000 miles, then do a UOA.

We just need to figure out what to call the mixture. Is it Mobil Purple? Robal 1?
grin.gif

Well later on this week I will do the mix and see what happens or I just might get 5qts of Mobil1. Thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back