2qt Rotella T 5w40 plus 4 qt M1 T&SUV 5w40 Jeep 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

My roommate has a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. Based on the UOA's seen on these forums for the 4.0 Jeep motors, I have recommended to him to use the Rotella T Synthetic (grpIII) available at Wal-Mart for around $13.50/gallon and a Wix filer.

He did do one interval with this (no UOA done, to my chagrin) before taking it to an oil change place. They used some undeterminate oil. Well a few weeks ago I come home and he has obtained a Wix, and drained his oil. Unfortunately he thought he still had six quarts left when he only had two (half used gallon from previous run).

So I gave him a ride down to the parts store. Well they had no Rotella synth. But they did have M1 T&SUV. I told him it would probably be okay to mix it and in fact was probably a slightly superior oil. But it's really expensive at this particular parts store, about $6.50 a quart. I said i would give him a ride to (sq)wall-mart if he wanted, but he declined and bought the M1 T&SUV.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on this mix. I would have loved to have gotten a UOA on the previous Rotella run as a baseline, but oh well. I'll try to get one this time, if I can twist his arm to do it.

Its OK to mix, both oils have a very stout add pack.

BTW, nice dog
smile.gif

Probably won't hurt anything, but you most likely degraded the capabilities of the expensive M1 T&SUV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back