2nd set of Bridgestone Serenity

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought the used volvo in the sig with recent set of bridgestone serenitys. They would not have been my first choice, but after driving them for 2 years I've decided they are a very good tire. We've put somehwere around 25k on them and have been happy with them for passenger tires. Dead-nuts quiet, stable tracking, no balancing fanfare, good turn-in, and no issues in the rain. Despite the mediocre snow ratings, we drove the car across 4 states during one of last year's largest storms without issue. Those I believe are 205 65 15. The tread wear is minimal - they should make their mileage warranty. Of interesting note, the tread width is significantly wider on this tire than others of the same size.

I picked up another set yesterday in a different size for a different volvo - 205 55 16. The driving characteristics are the same. They handle extremely well for something so quiet.

I was torn between the serenity and the michelin premiere A/S. Both were priced similarly. I went with the B's because at least by the time I buy a car which has michelins on it, the road noise has always been prominent.

I've noted two themes in consumer reviews on them - 1 possibility that they use wider contact to stretch the mileage of a softer rubber compound, and 2 that they see a larger mpg hit when switching to them than others. The softer, wider rubber might be a credible theory, as they continue grip well in cold rain. I have no basis for mpg comparison.

So - the bottom line - this tire never gets talked about - for passenger vehicle handling/comfort, these are worthy of consideration.

-m

How much were they if you don't mind me inquiring since I need some tires in that size(205-55-16)? Thank you in advance.

Paid something like $117 per tire. Michelins were 130. Firestone has a $100 off if over $500 and michelin has $70 off of a set of 4, as of this weekend.

An Accord that I am maintaining is currently wearing a set of the Serenity Plus. They have been on there for over 60k and still have a significant amount of life remaining. However, I will say that the dry/wet traction of these tires do not come close to the levels offered by the Premiers.

I have them on my RDX and they've been great. I was looking for something quiet (the RDX is noisy enough on its own) and the Serenity tires were a big improvement. They also seem to be wearing well - I measure the tread depth whenever I work on the car and they're only down 2/32" after 18,000 miles. I'm always kind of surprised they don't appear much in recommendation threads...

Of course, I'm in a warm climate so I don't have to worry about snow/ice traction. Wet/dry has been very good so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back