2nd Biggest Bank failure in U.S. History

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a good friend who has experienced this very thing, it'll be awhile before depositors can get their cash but they'll get it, at least up to what was insured.

Technically I believe the Fed has 100 years to give you your money. No joke. Since China loans us the bucks I would assume it will be sooner.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Al
Technically I believe the Fed has 100 years to give you your money. No joke. Since China loans us the bucks I would assume it will be sooner.

100 years?

This dark comedians just keep pouring it on. My sides are splitting from the laughter.

The real comedy is illustrated below. Even if you could get insurance against laughicide, the pay off would be worth nothing. Dark comedy indeed.

xlg_die_laughing_0.jpg

Technically I believe the Fed has 100 years to give you your money.

And fractional reserve banking would give everyone 10%, should a fictional scenario arise of all wanting their money at the same time. Think It's a Wonderful Life.

Originally Posted By: NJC
Technically I believe the Fed has 100 years to give you your money.

And fractional reserve banking would give everyone 10%, should a fictional scenario arise of all wanting their money at the same time. Think It's a Wonderful Life.

I was telling my wife the other day that we should put our money in two or three different banks. she said "no way, money is insured throught FDIC for up to 100k, we will be fine"
smirk2.gif

Yep, I've got my money across about six different banks. I also recently opened up a Chase account. I figure if there is one bank that is too big to fail, it's Chase. These guys are like the Borg....assimilating everyone else. No way the feds let it fail.

"2nd Biggest Bank failure in U.S. History"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, inflation will lead to this dropping in the pecking order, just as it led to its current position.

That's like asking why Enron went insolvent after charging Californians up the wazoo for electricity.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Where did all the money go? they made a bundle in loan fees when real estate was moving.

Small potatoes compared to the money they pushed through the market to THD, land speculators, real estate developers, all the lumber, nails, wire, siding, fixtures, plumbers, carpenters, electricians, grunt laborers, pickup truck buyers, washer/dryer/dishwasher, light bulbs, grass seed, lawn mowers, tub-spas, Moen, Hunter, ...etc..etc..etc...etc.

Where did all that money go? The same place it always did. The only thing that happened was that the waterfall ran dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back