2nd. Auto-Rx 3RD Party Experimential Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read clean & rinse mileage used.

Second in a series of tests to test 20 ounce Auto-Rx dose with 4 ounce maintenance dose.
Some of the smog test improvements are from Auto-Rx and some from the complete service
done at the start.

Summary of test results
Vehicle 2002 Mini Cooper BMW
Manual tranny
1.6 liters
Mileage at start 44,504
Engine oil 5w-30 Castrol conventional oil
Oil filter NAPA Gold
Gasoline Costco regular, same station same pump for complete evaluation
Mileage over 1,012 miles with no additives, same 2 drivers (husband and wife) 25.7 1mpg
note this mileage reflects driving conditions and driving style and does not reflect ultimate
mileage. There was a lot of city stop and go driving. On fill the nozzle was removed when it
clicked off, no topping off. This method of
filling, same station, same pump and off on click was used on every vehicle.

Smog test done in training mode by a certified smog test only facility by a tech that is licensed to
perform such tests and teach classes for certification.

Complete service was done by licensed independent Mini/BMW mechanic before testing.
All fluids and filters were changed, cooling system was flushed.
20 ounces of Auto-Rx was poured into an engine and it was taken on 18 mile trip.

First number is low speed, second number is high speed, example 12.1/13.2. This is standard
practice for a California smog test required for most vehicles in California.

Numbers start here at 44,504 miles
C02 19.1/19.0
02 0.5/0.1
HC(ppm) 12/2
CO 0.11/0.01
NO 18/15

Compression
1=138
2=145
3=130
4=135

27.7 mpg

Then the test began and the Auto-Rx was put into the mix.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At the end of the clean (2k miles) and rinse (2k miles) the oil was changed every 5k miles.
The Auto-Rx maintenance plan was to add 4 ounces at every oil change.

Numbers at 48,775 miles, end of clean and rinse
C02 15.9/15.2
02 0.3/0.1
HC(ppm) 3/1
CO 0.07/0.00
NO 11/4

Compression
1=144
2=145
3=140
4=140

29 mpg

Numbers at 56,070 miles, using 4 ounce maintenance doses.
The oil change interval turned out to be just a bit under the 5k interval that was planned.
It turned out to be a little over 4k miles.
C02 14.0/14.0
02 0.1/0.0
HC(ppm) 1/0
CO 0.05/0.00
NO 8/2

Compression
1=145
2=144
3=142
4=142

29.9 mpg

The numbers show a big improvement at the clean and rinse and an a note worthy improvement
about 8k miles with 4 ounce maintenance doses.

This car is driven without mercy. A set of good quality tires has never lasted 20k miles and it is
just about ready for its third clutch.

The biggest jump in mileage was from the clean and rinse. It appears from the smog test that
although the improvement was not dramatic at the tail pipe it was significant. It appears that the
engine is performing better. Of the two drivers the wife claims the car starts quicker and with
more authority (her subjective comment).

The compression came up but more important is the fact that it leveled out from highest to
lowest. We were careful to do the test on a completely warm engine with a fully charged battery
and a quality gauge.

Frank,

Very impressive data and not surprising, having tested ARX several years back. In this case the compression is the independent variable and all the other improvements stem from that.

I also saw better performance during the cleaning phase and no I'll effects running a full bottle of ARX in the sump for 10k miles.

By the way, I've seen several cheap ARX knockoffs on the market at local quick lubes - so you must be doing something right! :)

Thank You We get e-mails frequently from car owners whose need is to clean the ring packs and the top end. Thats what they want Auto-Rx to do. Both tests posted on bitog show results with just 1-cleaning application & 1-rinse application (no second application) We will introduce a Fast Track Application for these type needs.

And no this application will not replace existing sludge-oil burning-seal leak applcations.

thanks. The date for this Fast Track? Any UOA's documented along with it? Why would someone do this over the last rev'ed product app? Trying to find out which is better and why.

No they are all good, however people want a less costly application, when it just ring packs and top end they want cleaned. It,s a choice we have not offered. The test posted above (including Maintenance Application) used 2 bottles only.

Auto-Rx just cleans it does not change oil chemistry.

Originally Posted By: Frank
No they are all good, however people want a less costly application, when it just ring packs and top end they want cleaned. It,s a choice we have not offered. The test posted above (including Maintenance Application) used 2 bottles only.

Thanks but that never answered the questions I asked before?

Originally Posted By: Frank

Please let us know when the release date is. I have been wanting this sort of product from ARX for awhile now.

It's the same product, just the dose is higher. There's a time weighted average (with limits, I'm sure) when doing some things. That's just my opinion based on my personal tests with Fueltankerman and dNewton3. Those were lower in the mileage usage with 2 bottles (750/1000 for both cleaning and rinse).

It looks like 2000/2000 at (near) double the dose gives you most of the benefits of the two individual treatments. I don't think that it would work out quite as good in the visuals or with sludge ..but if you're in a hurry
21.gif

Um, why should people be in a hurry to fix what was created over many miles? It's good enough to have a product that does exactly what it claims to do! And that claim is a bit far-fetched at first glance, but darn if it doesn't work as advertised!

Well, suppose you have a classic or garage queen that can benefit from something like this ..and you'll never put enough mileage on it in 3 years to get the job done? It could be the same for a Euro alloy that spec's specific oils that don't work well with the stuff. They may want to get back to the spec'd oil ASAP and get it over with.

That's exactly who we're responding to, Gary. There are lots of folks that just can't get the basic application to work with their vehicles either due to lifestyle or other vehicle specific issues. I've bent over backwards since I brought Auto-Rx to market to cater to the largest market segment in terms of cost over benefits. Now I'm trying to satisfy demand for a shorter process where economy and convenience aren't primary considerations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back