2AZ oil pan rust, replacement choices?

2005 Rav4, 140k or so, oil pan weeping, on its way to total rust thru failure
I'm planning all new Toyota hardware, and FIPG 103 sealer or a quality gasket
I really don't want to pay $120 for the OE pan, are ANY of the aftermarket options passable?
For an older, rustier, doesn't need to last another 15 years vehicle?
I'll make him pay up if need be, but I don't want to waste too much
Screenshot_20230417-101139.jpg

Anyone use any of these brands oil pans?

How about a used oil pan from eBay or something. I’m always amazed at how many southern car parts you can find on eBay for the same price as aftermarket.

It is all chinese junk, so take your pick. 2AZ oil pan is a pretty straightforward job out here, but with rust, things can get interesting.

Pan is sealed with RTV though, not a gasket. Don't bother trying a gasket.

If this implies you are doing it for someone else and budget is a concern, I would explain it to them and let them decide.
That's a better idea, although I was told just take care of it
I have this nasty predisposition to fuss over costs
Screenshot_20230417-122208.jpg

I'll need all the hardware and FIPG, then I gotta get the pan from RockAuto and wait for it, pay for separate shipping
Better off it's all original, and in one box, less oil

That's a better idea, although I was told just take care of it
I have this nasty predisposition to fuss over costs
View attachment 151015
I'll need all the hardware and FIPG, then I gotta get the pan from RockAuto and wait for it, pay for separate shipping
Better off it's all original, and in one box, less oil
Are you prepared to extract bolts as they break? If not you may not want to take on this job.

Are you prepared to extract bolts as they break? If not you may not want to take on this job.
That's a good point, I should evaluate them
PXL_20220923_232127288.jpg

They don't look terrible, but not great either
I had good luck (pictured) with taking it for a drive, getting it screaming hot, rolling up on my ramps, soaking in Kroil, adding MAPP torch for extra 🔥, and quickly hitting with a wrench

I had to do that for the front flange gasket, the heat shield bolts, and the post cat oxygen sensor

I'd like to think the oil pan and it's bolts being attached to the block, they'd also self heat quite a bit in operation

Hose on some Kroil, drive it till hot, hammer on the socket good and tight and hope?

I don't have an oxy torch, so using the engine to self heat is my next best supplement to my MAPP gas

Back