27 liter Rolls Royce Merlin V12, in a car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Originally Posted by talest

Jay Leno is an idiot.

Hmmm..humble beginnings, self made man, enjoys his hobbies, gives back to the community outside of his hobbies and strongly supports his hobby community. I'll take more 'idiots' like him please.

+1

None of that is he being an idiot.

You may be right. However, he appears to be having fun and not hurting anyone. Heck, he even employs a few folks and we get some really cool cars out of the deal, so l'm all for more idiots like him.

The man sure has some money, he just needs to educate himself haha

You fail to make your case for Jay being an idiot.

He knows a tremendous amount about cars. He's a lifelong enthusiast. He's got the money to indulge his passion to a degree that few people will ever do.

I've never heard him say one dumb thing.

So, again, educate himself? Idiot?

How so?

Originally Posted by Astro14

He knows a tremendous amount about cars. He's a lifelong enthusiast. He's got the money to indulge his passion to a degree that few people will ever do.

How so?

Perhaps I am biased because I always liked Letterman. Never much liked Leno. Please disregard.

No sir, he was the last decent guy to host late night … your favorite was the first of the many hacks we have left today … Trying to replace talent and humor with endless hacking …

Originally Posted by talest
Originally Posted by Astro14

How so?

Perhaps I am biased because I always liked Letterman. Never much liked Leno. Please disregard.

I thought Letterman was funny when I was in my 20s.

Letterman became a bitter old man towards the end and lost the funny.

Jay didn't seem to become that bitter old man. My vote is that in the game of life, Letterman, not Leno is the real idiot for allowing himself to become that bitter old man.

I think if I had a bunch of money to collect cars an airplane engine one like the fiat would be in my top 10 purchases. I think it's so cool to have a ~30 l engine just ticking over at 70mph. Plus I love the way they look. BTW GT40 would probably be my first purchase, probably 959 second
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 4WD
No sir, he was the last decent guy to host late night … your favorite was the first of the many hacks we have left today … Trying to replace talent and humor with endless hacking …

Yep. Letterman was entertaining in the 80's. The last 15 years or so he was just unfunny, hate-filled, and angry. Much like his replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back