27.5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the new Bronson is awesome, but I found a deal on the local Craigslist. Wound up with a lightly used Orbea Loki sporting 27.5+ wheels/tires. 27.5 X 3 The bike will also work with a two-niner wheelset.
wink.gif
A relatively short 120mm travel on the front and hard tail calls for a little different technique than I used to. (I've been riding full squish for 20 years.) One thing that did amaze me was the ability to find climbing traction on our short, punchy climbs. Especially in slightly damp conditions! Cornering traction was great too but I'm still learning to trust this plus size. This will be my 'ride the local park' bike while the Bronson will remain my E-ticket ride.

I'm a huge fan of plus bikes. Currently running my fat bike with 29+ Bontrager Chupacabras and patiently waiting for my new Surly Krampus frame.

What are you running for pressure in those tires?

Originally Posted By: NYEngineer

What are you running for pressure in those tires?

15F 18R, seems to be working well. I don't think I'll ever ride my fat bike again.

That size of tire makes sense to me atleast, for most riding conditions. I've been running 2.5" on 26" rims, and the extra grip is nice. For the play bike I think its the best change I've made.
I'd like to try some sort of electric assist fat bike sometime, I think it would be fun, but bogging around on big tires on just pedal power seems like too much work...

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
That size of tire makes sense to me atleast, for most riding conditions. I've been running 2.5" on 26" rims, and the extra grip is nice. For the play bike I think its the best change I've made.
I'd like to try some sort of electric assist fat bike sometime, I think it would be fun, but bogging around on big tires on just pedal power seems like too much work...

They are actually surprisingly light and easy to ride. You are more than welcome to test drive mine any time you want.

I got a DeVinci Hendrix 27.5+ a year ago and couldn't be happier. Trail chatter at the handlebars is gone, ridiculous traction and running tubeless no more flats. If you're worried about weight maybe not but for a trail bike with max fun factor can't be beat. Smiles every time I ride it!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

They are actually surprisingly light and easy to ride. You are more than welcome to test drive mine any time you want.

We should go for a ride sometime, I haven't got out yet this spring. It would be interesting to ride the bikes back to back on the same trail.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

We should go for a ride sometime, I haven't got out yet this spring. It would be interesting to ride the bikes back to back on the same trail.

Sure, just send me a PM or fire me off an e-mail when you are available. The end of the month is a gong show, but the next week or so should be fine
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back