2600HP Dodge Viper

I watched this video today of a guy in Denver with a seemingly unreal street car. So many questions and comments. First, it's extremely impressive. Next, the costs to build, maintain, and insure it must be staggering. Next, how is it possible he still has a license and insurance? I love powerful vehicles, but do not condone the type of street racing he engages in. I'm bewildered how he hasn't gotten caught yet, or with his license plate and video evidence of serious drag racing offenses not yanked his license, registration, and insurance...

Anyway, it's an entertaining video for sure and a completely amazing car.

They stroke the Viper out to 9.0L and then beat up on Ferraris.

This is another reason I'm not so ga-ga over exotic Italian machinery anymore.

Viper just dominates, Ferrari is a good show to even keep up.

Channel is SneakySnakes

There's an old saying that pretty much covers it. "It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye."

This guy may be an expert driver but what about the drivers around him.
You are taught to drive for everyone else on the road.

Situational awareness, maybe to call it.

There is a saying in racing: "How fast can you afford to go?"

Once an uncle's brother who was an auto-mechanic took me for a ride in his souped-up GTO when I was a kid. I will never forget the feeling of the G-force moving my back much further into the upright part of the seat when he launched that beast going up a big hill. G forces like that wake you up quickly and let you know you are not in an ordinary street vehicle.

I watched this video today of a guy in Denver with a seemingly unreal street car. So many questions and comments. First, it's extremely impressive. Next, the costs to build, maintain, and insure it must be staggering. Next, how is it possible he still has a license and insurance? I love powerful vehicles, but do not condone the type of street racing he engages in. I'm bewildered how he hasn't gotten caught yet, or with his license plate and video evidence of serious drag racing offenses not yanked his license, registration, and insurance...

Anyway, it's an entertaining video for sure and a completely amazing car.

1) It's expensive, but it's also a tax write-off for most.
2) The law is about money and connections, if you got it, you can do whatever you want.

Back