2500 mi Auto-RX Rinse Phase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently about 200 miles from the end of my first Auto-RX rinse phase (1992 Honda Accord). Next weekend I'll be taking a trip and I'm trying to decide whether to try and change the oil myself (or, if I cannot find the time at a quick change place... I'd really prefer not to). The trip will be 600 or 700 miles total, for about 2500 miles rinse phase. Right now I have Havoline 5w-30 in there.

Any ideas? Posts here and the auto-rx forum discuss extended clean phases, but not much info on extending the rinse phase.

I'd recommend contacting Auto-RX for an answer. My thinking is: If the oil appears fairly clean on dipstick, change the filter (just for insurance/assurance) before the trip & the oil & filter when you return from trip. I would think doing that would not be a problem.

Are you planning on doing a second clean and rinse application? If so, then I would dump the current rinse oil and start the second application, seeing that you have some miles to rack up, likely highway miles, which is perfect.

Not knowing the relative cleanliness of the car in question, I would at least change out the filter as recommended above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back