240k miles valve train pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, 2004 rsx k20 5 speed. I've used the cheapest oil on sale whether Dino or synthetic its whole life. But I always change at 4K, am I lucky or is this expected? I adjusted the valves and its spotless! Sometimes I go over last oil change was 7k miles on valvoline conventional 5-30

Well hard to argue with results like that. Obviously not a motor that's hard on oil or known for sludge issues.

Thank you! I've been a lurker for years, she's going to thank me as auto zone was clearance from oil and I bought the Mobil 1 full synthetic 0-30 for 10 bucks a jug!

Thanks for the kind words! I forgot to mention I run an s2000 filter as its a bigger capacity filter and when you compare it to the stock k20 filter it's always built more robust, better drain back valves, better bypass valve construction. Ect

Originally Posted By: stower17
Looks purdy. Keep it up whatever youre doing

How do you like your ecotec? And any suggestions for one, my wife's just hit 190k but she changes it anywhere that has a sale at the 50% maintenance minder

Excellent! Congrats on a very nice engine, and
cheers3.gif
to your practical approach.

I have a similar engine in mine. Makes me want to pull my valve cover to see. Looks clean from the fill hole though, from what I can see. Maybe its an engine thing? They are quite "detuned" compared to a proper K20.

Do you have any close ups of the cams?

Last edited:
I'm convinced its mostly the driving cycle. I'd bet you this Acura Honda engine always got more than 10 miles on a trip in a warm climate. No acid formation from water vapor condensing inside the crankcase from cold/cool shutdowns.

I usually use chevron or she'll gas but I'm known to use arco now and then, but I drive a lot for work so it's always running 60+ mile highway trips daily. And I always let it warm up before I drive. I maintenance it like crazy I want it to last

For its mileage I always do maintenance items and wash and wax, just put new wheels and tires but I average about 31mpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back