2400 mile drive ruined my back!

You think that's bad, in 2007 I drove from Portland to Austin, half a day on Friday to the Idaho border and then two 13 hour days back to back Saturday and Sunday with absolutely minimal stops (gas only). This was in a Kia Spectra5.

Ended up with blood clots in my lungs.

I traded in the Spectra for a Rondo right after that...

Have had a couple of back surgeries, long driving requires a lot of stops. My biggest help? The heated seats are always on.

You really have no idea what truly awful, medieval-torture grade seats are until you experience the standard bench seat in an AMC Hornet or Gremlin. No back support? No support, period. A wooden park bench is more comfortable.

Something to try. When we sit too long the muscles on the front of our legs naturally tighten, while those on the back stay looser. This rotates the pelvis forward and puts strain in the lower back. consider doing quad stretches, a lot, and see if that helps.
m

You really have no idea what truly awful, medieval-torture grade seats are until you experience the standard bench seat in an AMC Hornet or Gremlin. No back support? No support, period. A wooden park bench is more comfortable.

The black pleather "seats" in a 73 Le Sabre also win awards for bad. Go GM.

Gonna echo what some have said here, while I love my Tacoma, it rides like a pulp-wood truck. The seating position was not an issue for me however, which is surprising. Not sure what's different about the TRD seats (supposedly they're different?) but have some cushin to it. I am starting to develop back issues, but even though it rides rough I prefer to take the Tacoma on days that it's bothering me. I only have a 45 minute commute though. The same commute in my GTI will put my pain levels through the roof as the seats are even further on the floor. Now the seats in our Camry IMO are extremely uncomfortable and hard. I tend not to take it to work very often. I am no longer able to take road trips (not back related) so I'm not sure longterm comfort for any of them. I swear once I turned 30 I'm falling apart :LOL:

Back