22 Members using German Syntec have sent lot numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've asked members who've found the German oil to send me lot and production information that is printed along the bottom of the bottles. I've been hoping to get a handle on distribution and production patterns from the numbers, but, to date, I can identify only six apparently-distinct lots. So, not much has changed since I last posted the table of members/lots/locations.

It's kind of a pain to use the code function to get all the lines straightened out, so, unless someone really, really wants to see it, I will simply summarize:

22 members have sent lot numbers to me. Seven are Canadians. I know that there are others who have or who are using it who never responded to my request. I have 34 different rows in my table--11 members have two lots, one has three.

There is sufficient usage here to generate a good set of representative UOAs, I would think.

Make it 23.

If someone is willing to host it, I'll send a jpg of the distribution table.

-

[ September 07, 2003, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Jelly ]

This is priced at US $4.99/qrt. at my Autozone.

I'm was looking into trying this Castrol but I'm having trouble paying out $5/qrt. for this when the Mobil 1's in the 5 qrt. jugs are $3.78/qrt. now at Wal-mart. About decided I'm going to buy the Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40, which works out to $3.22/qrt. in the 4 qrt. jugs.

Is there any chance of finding a special on the German Castrol for less than the $5/qrt ?

Picked up 5 qts(only stock) + 1 10w40 syntec to at least get the free one. Same lot as my fist ones but fill time = 1855

Store manager claims that he can get me as much as I wanted and more.
shocked.gif
bowdown.gif
cheers.gif

Since he stocks both the domestic and imported brand, I made sure that he understood that I wanted the Red Label, so 12 quarts are due for pickup tomorrow morning.

Got four more from Wallmart.The numbers look more like the ones form Canadian Tire.
Mo30426B T/W 124607 2*18.Can't see the second digit.

[ September 09, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: absolude ]

quote:

Originally posted by absolude:
Got four more from Wallmart.The numbers look more like the ones form Canadian Tire.

This must be a huge batch right here, as all the ones I've bought recently are from it, and all the stores around here that have it show this number too. Another thing is that the last four digits on this batch are impossible to read, they've printed the number up the side of the bottle, or in such a way that more than one digit is often unreadable. I really hope this batch right here has 0ppm of iron. I think I'm going to do a VOA on this batch after all, so I can compare it to my UOA in a few weeks.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

quote:

Originally posted by absolude:

This must be a huge batch right here, as all the ones I've bought recently are from it, and all the stores around here that have it show this number too. Another thing is that the last four digits on this batch are impossible to read, they've printed the number up the side of the bottle, or in such a way that more than one digit is often unreadable. I really hope this batch right here has 0ppm of iron. I think I'm going to do a VOA on this batch after all, so I can compare it to my UOA in a few weeks.

TAG 785 is a huge batch too...ALL GC I have seen here has been from this batch...interestingly, after reaching a time stamp high of 2007, I'm now seeing the numbers regress into the 19XX range.

[ September 09, 2003, 02:52 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

quote:

Originally posted by Asmodeus:
Where do you see the time stamp?

Sometimes it ends up on the side of the bottle. With the "0607" batch we have up here in Canada right now, I've noticed the time stamp portion is virtually impossible to read, since the numbers have some missing, or because this number ends up halfway up the side of the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back