22 ford maverick hybrid mpg readout

Tested out eco mode today on the way back from picking up food. Dont know how much i trust the estimated mpg but in normal mode it’s usually low 40s. This was city driving with a mile or 2 of 55 driving. 2 adult occupants and a hard toneau cover
IMG_2679.jpeg

Wow, that is very impressive.

I agree that the computer estimated readouts need to be verified. I've found they are generally about 10% optimistic and that is across two different vehicle manufactures. For example, computer claims 30 mpg and it's really 27 or 28 MPG when calculated manually.

I agree with TheOilWizard. My car's fuel economy(MPG) readout is very optimistic by about 10%+ and only about 1-2 X/yr is it even close to one another(car vs calculator).

Since MFGs have been installing the MPG reading in vehicles, every vehicle that I have ever owned that has had the dash readout for MPG, the fuel economy readout in the dash is always higher than my actual calculated reading from my cellphone or handheld calculator.

This is not only when gassing up at the same filling station & using the same pump locally but even when we're traveling on long hiwy journeys out of state on vacation/holiday and traveling across several states, it doesn't seem to matter. :unsure:

I know my Ranger is all over the map when I calculate it, it can be as much as 3mpg off sometimes depending on how I've been driving. Seems like the harder I drive, the more accurate it is. If I drive gently in an effort to get the average up, it will be off. Towing it is usually pretty close as well, although I tend to not pay as close attention then, 10-11mpg on premium hurts sometimes (pay to play).

The Acura, on the other hand, has always been pretty much spot on...go figure.

Haven't really paid attention in mom's EB Maverick. I don't drive it very often and when I do it is only for 30 min or so. I suspect it is the same janky programming the Ranger has.

Last edited:
OEM's tend to show the speedo numbers +3 to 5 % from actual, it would be bad if you were getting tickets when you thought you were golden. This naturally affects MPG readouts. Also, as your tires wear, this affects the speedo and odometer. YMMV.

My Grand Marquis is spot on for fuel economy on the computer display ... which is never that good.

The Nisan is always optimistic.

My readout is about 6% optimistic. Right now I read 41.8 mpg will probably be about 39.

Even if its low 40 mpg that's still very impressive on a relatively less aerodynamic truck.
Afterall a hybrid sedan 5 years ago is also around low to mid 40 mpg.
Ford did a very good job on F150 hybrid.

Last edited:
Mean Joe,
I really hope you are getting over 60 MPG. (y)
Please tell us what your calculated MPG is the next time
you fill up and how it compares to the dash reading.

Thanks,
CB

Mean Joe,
I really hope you are getting over 60 MPG. (y)
Please tell us what your calculated MPG is the next time
you fill up and how it compares to the dash reading.

Thanks,
CB
I would love to but its a family truck and i don’t drive it much

I took a look at the display of my ‘22 Maverick Lariat Hybrid. Current overall mpg reading of 44.4 (or as the late Moses Malone called it “Fo, Fo, Fo 😂) on 60% city driving. I too, have seen mpg reading of upper 50’s - low 60’s after short city runs.

An acquaintance of mine with the same truck/engine told me his overall mpg display is saying 47 mpg.

Not bad figures for a block shaped truck. I am looking forward to see which manufacturer will come out with an EV small truck, not a $90,000 full sized EV pickup. Toyota? Hyundai? Tesla? Ford?

Back